Author Topic: How do I add a bought voice TTS to windows 10?  (Read 9104 times)

Kalidor

How do I add a bought voice TTS to windows 10?
« on: August 21, 2016, 08:25:29 AM »
Hi, I am running windows 10 Pro 64bit, and I have just bought and installed a TTS voice from Cereproc (Heather), I cannot select it in windows TTS voice selection to be the default (or at all, it's missing from list).

I can though see it in VA, in the command editor, I can change the TTS voice there, but ofc, would have to manually select Heather for every single command.

Does anyone know how to set Heather as the OS default voice, or to have it set in VA as the default one?

Thanks.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How do I add a bought voice TTS to windows 10?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 08:48:13 AM »
Did you get the choice between 32bit and 64bit when you installed the voice?

Either way, Cereproc says that their voices will show up in the control panel, so you should contact them for support.

Kalidor

Re: How do I add a bought voice TTS to windows 10?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 09:10:55 AM »
No, no choice in installer, it installs 32bit.  Looking on therir website, they only specifically mention support upto 8.1, windows 10 isn't mentioned. I believe win10 changed they way they do TTS, which is why it's not showing.

edit: found a solution using this webpage: http://www.webbie.org.uk/blog/microsoft-speech/

Effectively my voice pack is 32bit, and not seen by the OS 64bit settings configuration thingy.

I went to: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech\SpeechUX\sapi.cpl

and could see the new voice, selected, applied and saved. worked great. It still shows as microsoft george on the normal settings page though.

Saved me individually changing my 700 commands in profile.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future.

Thanks