Author Topic: Queued orders: how ?  (Read 859 times)

Mamy la Puce

Queued orders: how ?
« on: May 30, 2021, 05:32:33 PM »
I’m looking for a way to put multiple commands in a queue, for example if I say: "Sweep the area and then Switch to Cruise mode."

- command "Sweep the area" exists ("Balaye la zone" in french because i am and my profile is in french)
- command "Cruise mode" or "Switch to Cruise mode" exists ("Mode Croisière" or "Passe en mode Croisière" in french)

If I pronounce this sentence, it is often the last pronounced command that is recognized by VA and sometimes it doesn't work... (nothing is recognized)

Do I have to create another command with "And;And Then;Then" ("Et;Ensuite;Puis") to make the queued orders possible ?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Queued orders: how ?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 05:42:41 PM »
You need to pause between speaking different commands, queuing has nothing to do with it.

If you define the phrase "switch to cruise mode", that is what the speech recognition engine will look for. As soon as you add arbitrary words or phrases to that predefined phrase, it no longer matches the predefined phrase.

Provided you have distinct command phrases, you could try setting the "Recognition" option for those commands to "Restricted Continuous Speech" or "Continuous Speech" to reduce the required pause, but even then you'll likely still need to stop speaking momentarily.

Otherwise, you'd need to use wildcards, which theoretically allow multiple commands to be spoken as part of a single phrase, but are not predefined commands in the proper sense, as the speech recognition engine most freely interpret what it hears, rather than matching to an existing list of phrases.
As mentioned in the documentation, that feature is "somewhat unsupported" for that reason, as recognition accuracy is usually much lower.

Mamy la Puce

Re: Queued orders: how ?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 05:29:07 AM »
Thank you for all your explanations and your readiness, so I will leave the idea aside for the moment  :D