Author Topic: Another Newbie Question  (Read 1533 times)

GreyEagle

Another Newbie Question
« on: May 11, 2021, 01:43:54 PM »
Hello and Thanks in advance for your Input. I’m new to VoiceAttack and am confused about 1 thing and have 1 more question.
I have the “Override listening if my spoken command begins with” checked and have entered a key word. If “Not listening” is selected on the main page, will my commands still be heard as long as I use my key word??

Also, I have VAICOMPRO installed and “VAICOMPRO for DCS World” as my main profile per the manual. I have listed my aircraft specific profiles under “Include Commands from other profiles”. So my non PTT commands for the cockpit will be heard, correct??
Many Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Another Newbie Question
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 01:49:13 PM »
The "Override listening if my spoken command begins with" option is specifically intended to allow you to speak commands (provided they are preceded by the phrase you have set up for that option) while listening is disabled, yes.

Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer, which contains information on VoiceAttack's features.

If listening is enabled, or you're using the previously mentioned override option, commands from included profiles that are not overridden by a profile higher up in the hierarchy (overridden in the sense that if a command phrase exists in a profile higher up the order than the included profile, it will apply to the command in that profile, rather than that of the included profile) should be recognized, yes.

GreyEagle

Re: Another Newbie Question
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 02:26:20 PM »
Got It! Many thanks for the quick reply and well done to all for a great APP!