Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon  (Read 3792 times)

MandyHate

Darkest Dungeon
« on: April 11, 2021, 10:19:17 AM »
Final Edit:

While I have done my best to make Darkest Dungeon as much of a hands free game as possible, there are still some things that are issues.

One thing is the Ancestor Memoirs.  The coordinates for this will start off wrong.  Reason is, because everytime you pick up a new journal entry within the game, the coordinates change a little bit.  So I listed the coordinates while having all the journal entries.

There is a similar situation going on with the trinkets as well.  Depending upon how many you collect the scrolling coordinates are off a bit. So I set this one up to work with the first few rows of trinkets as I don't often collect a whole lot of them.

And again with the combat stats of enemies.  Their buffs and debuffs. Depending upon whether you get large enemies or regular ones, the buffs/debuffs are in different spots.  Since most of the enemies are of the small variety that is where I put the mouse pointer at.  Not a big deal for the most part, but something to keep in mind if everything doesn't always line up.

Another issue is when "move map right", left, etc... Since the corridors are not always the same, the rooms on the map show up in different spots.  So when you want to move to the next room the mouse pointer will go to various spots trying to click on one.  If it doesn't work the first time, you may have to "zoom in" and try again.  If it still doesn't work, you may have to add another point for the mouse to click on.  I have played through the whole game and it will click on the next room over a vast majority of the time.  But depending upon your game your milage may vary.

Finally with this particular issue is the loot drops in dungeons.  Depending upon how many there are, they can change position on the screen.  Thusly, deciding which individual one to use/equip/loot/drop can be an issue.  Though looting all at the same time is easy.  Along with that, discarding all at the same time is also easy.

As an oddity, you will notice that I have 1-8 on there for abilities.  That is because I have modded my own game of Darkest Dungeon to allow me to use all the abilities on my heroes.

In the same vein of oddities, there will be an amount of food that is clicked on when you "load up inventory (zone) (length)" that is different from the base game. I have modded my game again to have more food available for purchase so I don't have to rely on always dragging healing classes with me.

Final issue of note is the location for starting the game itself.  Depending upon where you installed your version of the Darkest Dungeon it may be in a different place than mine.  You may have to double check that and make a correction if necessary.

Other than this there are some nuances on how to navigate some of the menus.  But for the most part I think I have made this game about 90% to 95% hands free. Give or take.

There are 3 different uploads listed.  1st is the base game with districts enabled and the shield breaker dlc installed.  2nd is the same as the first with the crimson court added in. 3rd is 1 and 2 combined with the color of madness.

If you notice some bugs or something that would work a little bit better, let me know and I'll see what I can do to go about fixing it. 

In any case, I hope you all enjoy.

:)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 12:04:37 AM by MandyHate »