Author Topic: Exporting profile crashes if you deselect ANY of the commands  (Read 7990 times)

Technomancer

• I have a bad feeling about this...
Exporting profile crashes if you deselect ANY of the commands
« on: August 14, 2016, 12:26:19 AM »
As the title states, un-checking ANY of the commands before exporting a profile crashes VA for me.  100% reproducible.

I tried hitting the "Stop commands" before exporting, just in case maybe a running command was causing the crash, but it didn't help.  I tried closing and restarting VA and not even executing any commands, just in case, but it still crashed.

This actually started with the first 1.5.12

Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   VoiceAttack.exe
  Application Version:   1.5.12.5
  Application Timestamp:   57ace60d
  Fault Module Name:   clr.dll
  Fault Module Version:   4.0.30319.34209
  Fault Module Timestamp:   5348961e
  Exception Code:   c00000fd
  Exception Offset:   00001ffd
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   8b55
  Additional Information 2:   8b55ff722beb5509c1681295465290fc
  Additional Information 3:   7181
  Additional Information 4:   718153bc8e9d3a10d570cd4f75290c58

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Exporting profile crashes if you deselect ANY of the commands
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 08:50:47 AM »
Works fine for me; I'm also on Windows 7, however I have .NET 4.6.1 installed.

Have you tried exporting a fresh profile with a few dummy commands?

If so, could you try temporarily moving the files out of "%appdata%/VoiceAttack/" to a temporary location(just drag them to your desktop), starting VoiceAttack, and create a profile/commands, then attempting the export?

If none of that helps, uninstall/repair the .NET framework 4, or upgrade to 4.6.1, and try again.

Microsoft has a KB article, which does refer to an issue with .NET within that .dll, but doesn't exactly match your error log message. You could try installing it as a last resort.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 10:26:34 AM »
What are the exact steps you are taking?  Does it crash when the items are actually unchecked or does it crash when you click, 'export' (and the save dialog appears), or does it crash when you hit the save button?   I would follow Pfeil's advice, as there's not a whole lot going on in there and there is a reliance on built-in dialogs.  I would also look at doing a system file scan:  http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/sfc-scannow.htm

Technomancer

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 09:26:03 AM »
Abort! Abort!

It's something in my profile.

Several other profiles export fine, even with objects in the Apps folder.

My apologies. :\

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 11:17:44 AM »
Is it possible to send the VoiceAttack.dat file to support@voiceattack.com?  I can throw it on the debugger and see what's up.  That's not supposed to happen ;)   I won't be able to get to it until later this week, though.

Technomancer

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 03:35:02 PM »
OK.  I'm at work.  I'll do that when I get home.

Thanx

Technomancer

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 01:50:41 AM »
Gary, I emailed the .dat file to support.

I'm getting some odd behavior ( I know it's my profile because other profiles are fine ).

Specifically, it's the commands in the "Ship Interface" category.  Two of the commands, "Panel watch" and "((Answer));..." don't seem to be part of the problem.  There is something wrong with one or more of the other commands in that category.

The crash happens immediately after I hit "Export" with those commands in the profile AND if I uncheck any command I don't want exported. (Hope that makes sense).  If I delete the Ship Interface commands from the profile, it exports fine when I uncheck any commands. 

Now I've also found that in the "...Galaxy Map..." and "...System Map..." commands, I can't uncheck the "Do not allow key to be passed through" box.  This was not the case until yesterday.  All the other commands with shortcut keys seem to be fine.

Not really sure what I've done to bork the file like this.  :(  I hope you can find something.  The profile itself works just fine, as intended.  It's just those "internal" glitches.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanx for your help.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 09:18:28 AM »
Now I've also found that in the "...Galaxy Map..." and "...System Map..." commands, I can't uncheck the "Do not allow key to be passed through" box.  This was not the case until yesterday.  All the other commands with shortcut keys seem to be fine.

Do the shortcuts consist of only modifier keys? Regardless, have you tried clearing the shortcuts(click the assigned keys in the "Command Shortcut" dialog) and reassigning them?

Technomancer

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 01:28:41 PM »

Do the shortcuts consist of only modifier keys? Regardless, have you tried clearing the shortcuts(click the assigned keys in the "Command Shortcut" dialog) and reassigning them?

The shortcuts are the ALT keys only, left and right.  Just to clarify, the ALT shortcuts are at the main command level, as an alternate to the spoken commands, not in the executing instructions.

I've tried deleting the command and making brand new ones, only to find out that the "new" commands have the "Do not allow key to be passed through" box checked by default and I can't uncheck it.  :o

Tried the usual clearing of the AppData folder and I've installed .net 4.6.1

Other previous commands with shortcut keys are fine.  Really, really weird.

It'd be great to get this sorted, but I wouldn't spend too much time on such a localized problem.  It's really got me curious though.  :-[

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 01:56:00 PM »
The shortcuts are the ALT keys only, left and right.  Just to clarify, the ALT shortcuts are at the main command level, as an alternate to the spoken commands, not in the executing instructions.

I've tried deleting the command and making brand new ones, only to find out that the "new" commands have the "Do not allow key to be passed through" box checked by default and I can't uncheck it.  :o
In that case it's "normal" for the option to be disabled. Passthrough can only be disabled when the shortcut includes a non-modifier key.

It's just that the UI doesn't consistently reflect that, as noted in this bug report.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 10:49:23 PM »
Thanks for submitting your .dat file.  I was able to reproduce the issue.  I put a fixed version in the, 'unofficial' bin for you to try out if you want:

http://www.voiceattack.com/unofficial

Hope that solves it for you ;)

Technomancer

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 11:49:17 AM »
Cool!!

I'm at work.  I'll try it as soon as I get home.

If it's not too involved/complicated, can you tell me what I did in those commands that caused that?  If you think it's beyond my scope or it if was just a VA adjustment, then no biggie.  Just curious.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 06:42:10 PM »
You had a named command referencing an id'd command making a potential circular reference.  It may have been conditional (which is why I'm saying, 'potential').  I added the option to include referenced commands and the named commands got tripped up when circular and under certain circumstances.

Technomancer

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2016, 09:36:34 PM »
Ah, yes. I know to what you are referring.

This unofficial works though.  :D

Thank you so much.