Author Topic: How long does the demo last?  (Read 1335 times)

Saaur

How long does the demo last?
« on: December 01, 2020, 10:22:53 AM »
Hi, I can't find this info anywhere on the website or the forums: How long does the demo stay active after I download it?
I'm hoping to get some voicepacks for xmas (I know I'll need the full version at that point) but I want the demo to run all the way until then, so when should I install it if I want to try things out?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How long does the demo last?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 10:26:19 AM »
There is no hard time limit on the trial/demo version (though it is not intended to be used perpetually).

It would not prevent you from using it at least until Christmas, certainly. No need to wait with installing it.

Saaur

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 10:37:32 AM »
Oh!  ;D
I guess that's why I couldn't find a time limit.

jzilla80

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 08:17:23 PM »
There is no hard time limit on the trial/demo version (though it is not intended to be used perpetually).

It would not prevent you from using it at least until Christmas, certainly. No need to wait with installing it.

Coming in a few years later, but this seems a good thread to add this to, instead of opening a new one? Let me know if thats not the case!

I see you mention there isnt a hard time limit that stops use for prolonged periods, as that is not its intended use, but do you think there is some type of internal timer that increases the loading time very slightly based on elapsed time, or with every use cycle, on the demo version?

I was just wondering if I was losing my sense of time before I went and bought a key, so I thought Id ask.

As I have gone and bought a key now I can attest that the non-demo version opens instantly, whereas after 2 months of demo version use (I know) it was taking 20-30 sec to load (which started at maybe 5-10 sec - Pleae note these are all my estimates)

My guess is there is an internal timer, that is not a hard limit, but rather a script that adds a second every few days, that acts as a very slight nuisance, growing over time, to help nudge the user to doing what is right and buying a key! If thats the case, then bravo on the elegant implementation as it went unnoticed for me for over a month, so not too harsh, but eventually helped me get over my laziness and buy a key.

VA was and still is WAY overkill for my few current uses (not gaming related at all yet) but the cost is well well worth it for what the program offers! The Macros are awesome and it works so fluidly IMO.

Regardless, I am glad Im no longer mooching on the authors good graces!!!