Author Topic: Video Stuttering during Speech on exiting at star  (Read 1803 times)

FatzDomingo

Video Stuttering during Speech on exiting at star
« on: September 26, 2020, 06:03:22 AM »
Video Stuttering when Exiting Witch Space. I think this may be down to VA unfortunately?

On exiting Witch Space, the onboard voice tells me where the nearest station is, whether the star is scoopable, how may jumps left, how much fuel.....all excellent stuff and great immersion!

Problem is my video stutters as the system makes these pronouncements. Previously butter smooth, now a buggerance.
The reason I'm late for announcing this, I've been away from Elite Dangerous for months and months and just returned a few days ago.

My modest i7 7700k and 1070 managed everything fine, including VR, up until now....hope I dont need to ditch everything so soon. :'(

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Video Stuttering during Speech on exiting at star
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 08:04:43 AM »
Are you using any third-party HCS Voice Packs products? Or any plugins in general?

Does the stuttering occur only during this transition, or at other times as well?

If you are using HCS Voice Packs products, you'll first want to check with them whether this is a known issue; They can be contacted via their forum, or their Discord

FatzDomingo

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 10:40:09 AM »
Only noticed it when dropping out of Witch Space, I've dropped a message on their forum too. This isn't a "blame or finger pointing exercise" but attempting to die down the culprit then address it.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 10:44:21 AM »
Have you checked whether the issue occurs when VoiceAttack isn't running?

Also, have you made sure VoiceAttack and any other software (including HCS Voice Packs products, Windows itself, and device drivers, especially for your graphics and sound cards) are up-to-date?

Depending on which sound file format HCS uses this may not function, but you could try changing the "Audio Output Type" on the "Audio" tab of the VoiceAttack options window between the different options; "Integrated Components" is normally the recommended option.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 03:02:07 AM by Pfeil »

FatzDomingo

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 06:51:58 AM »
Thanks,

Are you suggesting that the speech construct happens in game whether or not VA is running? I only ever use ED whilst VA is running.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 08:17:19 AM »
Not at all, but if the stutter occurs when VoiceAttack isn't running, that's not something that can be solved by making changes to VoiceAttack or third-party plugins.

FatzDomingo

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 04:20:51 AM »
OK.....Will test over an hour or so and let you know.......Thanks 8)

FatzDomingo

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 08:59:49 AM »
Just ran ED without Voice Attack, everything butter smooth - no announcements when entering Star Systems though, if thats what you wanted to ascertain?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2020, 12:58:13 PM »
Have you checked whether the "Audio Output Type" option is set to "Integrated Components"? If not, set it up like that and test again.