Author Topic: Microphone not being detected by Voice Attack  (Read 2400 times)

newtron

Microphone not being detected by Voice Attack
« on: May 01, 2020, 10:42:23 AM »
Hi.  Using VA 1.8.5.  I am having a bit of an issue with Voice Attack detecting my Antlion microphone.  This is a new issue for me, was working fine earlier this week.  I think it is Windows related but can't find a solution.  VA does list the mic under detected mics in the settings.  But the UI has the Red Mic icon with "No Signal/Mic Muted"  Mic is not muted and working with other voice programs, (e.g. Windows, Discord). 

I have moved the Audio Output type to all three selections (Legacy, Integrated, Windows).  Most of the time I get "Not a Legal OleAut Data. in all the device input slots.  If I change the audio output type and restart VA/Computer I sometimes get all the audio devices detected but still RED MIC.  Is there a good solution for this.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Microphone not being detected by Voice Attack
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 11:00:55 AM »
Hi, newtron

You'll want to take a look at this thread:  https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=63.0

On a side note, 'Audio Output Type' only relates to sound playback and not recording (microphones).

Hope that helps!

newtron

Re: Microphone not being detected by Voice Attack
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 11:14:20 AM »
Gary once again you have nailed it.  Somehow windows update removed the mic as the default.  Thanks for the save....HERO! =P