Author Topic: How can i ignore unrecognized words?  (Read 2089 times)

z-altinisik

How can i ignore unrecognized words?
« on: April 24, 2020, 06:24:31 AM »
I want Voice Attack to perceive only words in my Profile. I don't want him to perceive other words. How can I do that?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How can i ignore unrecognized words?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 08:47:13 AM »
The speech recognition engine will attempt to recognize whatever it hears. If you want to get rid of the "Unrecognized" log entries, you can right-click the log and choose "Do not show unrecognized items".

If you genuinely don't want anything to get recognized other than the phrases in your command (meaning you don't want to use dictation, wildcards, or any feature that relies on freely recognizing speech), you could switch to the alternate speech recognition engine, which does not need to be/cannot be trained, and will only recognize predefined phrases.

z-altinisik

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 09:05:34 AM »
Can we add new words to Alternative speech engine? For example, I can add Turkish words to windows speech recognition and use them.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 09:40:12 AM »
No. The alternative speech recognition engine will recognize words in the language it's designed for. Even if you can add words to the grammar of the engine, it likely won't use your custom pronunciation.

Again, if it's the log entries that bother you, you can turn those off.

Unless you have a very specific reason not to use the built-in speech recognition engine, that's what you should stick with.

z-altinisik

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 09:44:21 AM »
So what can I do to make the voice attack better understand Me?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 09:49:39 AM »
Make sure you go through the speech recognition training at least three times (instructions for re-running the training can be found here).

Also have a look at the '"VoiceAttack is listening, but what it hears is complete gibberish compared to what I said"' section of this topic.

z-altinisik

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 10:11:40 AM »
Thank you so much.

Xariyl

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 05:53:06 AM »
I want Voice Attack to perceive only words in my Profile. I don't want him to perceive other words. How can I do that?

I find the best way to do this is to use a RecognitionGlobal Hotkey (settings > Hotkeys), and keep Listening turned off by default. I picked a combination that I'm unlikely to use accidentally and have it bound to an extra button on my mouse. When I hit the button, VA wakes up and listens for commands, and as soon as I let go it stops listening. As long as I speak clearly it hears just fine, and there's no missed words or accidental use of wrong commands when I'm playing a game or chatting.

Also, as Pfeil said, run the speech recognition training multiple times. Any time you change microphones or even plug the same mic into another port, run it again. Helps a lot.