Author Topic: Lost Profile  (Read 1250 times)

Habu

Lost Profile
« on: April 21, 2020, 06:19:28 PM »
Recently had to reinstall Win 10, which is on a different partition from VA. Now I can not find the VA profile I have been using this past several months.It is not in the VA\Apps folder with my 5 other files. I have disk backups, including C: drive and have run searches on them for all *.vap files without success.I am baffled and would appreciate any clues on how I might expand my search.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Lost Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 06:28:16 PM »
Profiles are not stored in .vap files unless you export them explicitly; VoiceAttack stores them in a database file.

The database files can be found in "%localappdata%\VoiceAttack.com"; VoiceAttack.dat is the current database, the "Backup" folder contains, as you'd expect, earlier versions.

There is a link to that folder on the "System / Advanced" tab of the VoiceAttack options window, labeled "Click here to browse VoiceAttack's data folder.".

Habu

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 05:36:59 AM »
OK, tx. Figured it out. Copied backup .dat file and renamed it VoiceAttack.dat. Is this procedure documented anywhere? Or did I overlook it?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 09:55:22 AM »
All of this is documented in the "VoiceAttack’s Data Storage" section of VoiceAttackHelp.pdf

Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer.