Author Topic: Do Nested profiles run the "Execute a command each time this profile is loaded"  (Read 1918 times)

janjan

Hi,
I have a nested profile (profile B) which runs a command when loaded, say "init"
When I use profile A, which has profile B as a nested profile, will the "init" command run too?
I think it does not and i want to know if I can make profile A "Execute a command each time this profile is loaded" of profile B as well as it's own.
Thanks\

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Only the active profile will run the command assigned to its "Execute a command each time this profile is loaded" option.

You can call a command in an included profile by name (I.E. command phrase), provided that name is unique (as long as one phrase assigned to a command is unique, you can use that specific phrase to execute it, even if other phrases assigned to that command also exist in a profile higher up in the list and are overridden), using the "Execute Another Command" action.

janjan

Thanks,

BTW, I am experiencing many many crashed with voice attack, even before I used the command by name.
Any way for you to debug this or is this a common thing?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Are you running any plugins? VoiceAttack does not normally crash, let alone frequently; Are you doing anything specific when this occurs?

Do you have a "VoiceAttackFault.txt" file in the installation directory? If so, what are its contents?

janjan

Yes,
I have Viacom plugin.
There is no "VoiceAttackFault.txt" under:C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Do these crashes still occur when you disable plugin support?

janjan

I haven't tried yet but i dag a bit in the folders and i found that under c:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\ i had a folder which should not be there.
An folder containing a profile i download for falcon bms, not a plugin.
I removed it - i should not have put it there.
I hope the crashes will stop, if not i'll disable viacom and see.