Author Topic: Favorite resource to learn VA?  (Read 754 times)

JoeUncaged

Favorite resource to learn VA?
« on: January 01, 2020, 06:24:35 PM »
What's your favorite resource to learn how to build commands?  Bonus points for something that can help a non-coding a$$hat learn the minimum to get started.  ;D ;D ;D

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Favorite resource to learn VA?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 12:04:55 AM »
There are many aspects to creating VoiceAttack profiles and commands, but if you're looking to do more than execute a command and have a specific set of actions run the same way every time, you'll want to gain an understanding of control flow.

VoiceAttackHelp.pdf is also a very important resource. Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open it in your default PDF reader.

JoeUncaged

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 09:45:53 PM »
Thank you!  I'm trying to figure out how to make VoiceAttack remember my pad/hangar number in Star Citizen.  HCS say's they can't pull the info from the game so I want to say something like "remember hangar 7" then have VA recall that information when I ask "which hangar"

idk if this is even possible.... 1st world problems - I know... but should be a fun project and I'll feel like I'm learning to code. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 06:26:05 AM »
You can store information in variables, which will by default be remembered as long as VoiceAttack is running.

E.G.
When I say: remember hangar [1..10]
Code: [Select]
Set integer [hangarNumber] value to the converted value of {TXTNUM:"{CMD}"}

would store the number, and

When I say: which hangar
Code: [Select]
Say, 'Hangar {INT:hangarNumber}.'

to recall the number.

JoeUncaged

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 01:31:23 PM »