Author Topic: [v.1.82] Dictation Mode not working  (Read 2378 times)

Tiramisu

[v.1.82] Dictation Mode not working
« on: December 07, 2019, 08:51:31 AM »
For the first time I tried to use the dictation mode, however the dictation buffer seems to be always empty. I have seen a few threads about this topic, but nothing helped me so far.
Here is an example of one of the commands I tried:

When I press Keys CTRL+<
Start Dictation Mode
Pause 4 Seconds
Write [BLUE] '{TIME} {DICTATION}' to log
Stop Dictation Mode

So I press CTRL+< and say something in my microphone, but all I get in the log is something like
16:56
Pause fo 4 seconds
Shortcut : 'Dictation'
I.e. only the current time like "16:45" is displayed without anything from my dictation.
Usually my voice commands work well, so there should be no problem with my voice recognition on Win10. Also I have used a clean profile for my test without any other commands than the one for the dictation. So I dont understand what is going wrong here.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: [v.1.82] Dictation Mode not working
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 08:55:32 AM »
When you speak within the four second pause, do you see one or more "Append Dictation Buffer: " entries in the log?

Are you using Speech Platform 11?

For testing you could extend the pause, or use an idle loop that waits until the dictation buffer has something in it, E.G.
Code: [Select]
Start Dictation Mode (Clearing Dictation Buffer)
Start Loop While : [{DICTATION}] Equals ''
End Loop
Stop Dictation Mode
Write [Blue] '{TIME} {DICTATION}' to log

Tiramisu

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 09:20:29 AM »
When you speak within the four second pause, do you see one or more "Append Dictation Buffer: " entries in the log?

No, I have never seen anything like "Append Dictation Buffer" in the log, yet.

No, I was not using it. I thought I do not need it, as long as my voice is recognized. Also I have trained my voice on Win10 already and it seemed to work.

Edit:
Code: [Select]
Start Dictation Mode (Clearing Dictation Buffer)
Start Loop While : [{DICTATION}] Equals ''
End Loop
Stop Dictation Mode
Write [Blue] '{TIME} {DICTATION}' to log

Ok, this kind of worked for me. Thank you. It seems like windows is having a hard time recognizing my voice, which is weird, because usually my voice commands are recognized with high confidence. Only dictation mode is making trouble.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 09:34:17 AM »

No, I was not using it. I thought I do not need it, as long as my voice is recognized. Also I have trained my voice on Win10 already and it seemed to work.
Speech Platform 11 does not have a dictation feature, just wanted to make sure you're not using it.

It seems like windows is having a hard time recognizing my voice.

Keep in mind dictation is much more demanding of both your microphone setup and your voice (I.E. how clearly you speak).

Even if regular commands appear to be working well, they are much simpler to recognize as the speech recognition engine has a reference to match against, rather than having to blindly guess what you're saying, which means they're much more likely to get picked up in adverse conditions.