Author Topic: commands being blocked (possibley by pause)  (Read 1378 times)

Incurable-Rash

commands being blocked (possibley by pause)
« on: December 04, 2019, 06:41:29 PM »
Since the last couple of betas I have been experiencing command that should be running are blocked. I have check several times all the command in the main command and connecting commands and there is nothing checked that should be blocking other commands from running. I recently removed the 70 second pause in the command and the blocking stopped. Should the pause command be blocking other commands from running? I don't see any feature to allow or stop commands in the pause set up.
I am currently using 1.8.2 and is a clean install.
Any suggestions?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: commands being blocked (possibley by pause)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 06:51:46 PM »
If your command that has the pause does not have the, 'allow other commands to execute while this one is running' it will block other commands from running until it is finished (and cancel them if you have the Options > System Advanced > 'Cancel Blocked Commands' option selected).  Otherwise, a paused command runs in it's own space (thread) and does not prevent anything else from running.

You'll want to test out your commands in an empty profile with no plugins to make sure something else isn't interfering.

Incurable-Rash

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 07:42:01 PM »
So I was preparing to send you the commands to see if you can figure out what i was doing wrong.
While do that I found the problem it was the most obvious, the main command not the script commands did not have the let other commands run check. Sometime just asking the question can get you to see the problem.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 09:03:20 PM »
Awesome!  Glad you got it sorted out :)