Author Topic: Graphical Text Pop Up Overlay  (Read 3378 times)

LinuxDevice

Graphical Text Pop Up Overlay
« on: October 30, 2019, 09:24:14 PM »
Sometimes when building tutorial style videos (recording on OBS) it would be cool if we had the option of an overlay in the game where the comments from our voice commands could show up (transparent background with some sort of adjustable font color/size/style). Imagine if we arrange our voice commands like a story, and record the story during the game...and the actual keystrokes or comments are available somewhere.

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Re: Graphical Text Pop Up Overlay
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 11:22:35 AM »
This sounds like plugin territory "For the truly mad..." --- see page 168 of the manual to get you started.

Would take a bit of work, and learning if you don't already have experience, but you could make a tool like this for yourself if you wanted with VoiceAttack.  Literally all subjects can easily be googled, because many beginners have started with the question, How do I make a simple info-panel with text and a transparent background in VB (or C#).

This is exactly how to start getting into tinkering:  come up with idea, find out what it takes, start reading and or building, begin with a proof of concept project, add polish and extras as you go.  You'll find if you're willing to do the work and to read and learn, people on project forums like this or for VB / C# will happily help you along the way.

Not available to help personally, am busy with other projects at this time and less than familiar with the VoiceAttack plugins compared to some of the guys, but best wishes and good luck to ya if this is something you want to pursue to the end.

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 01:17:35 PM »
I'm currently (slowly) working on a project that will allow VoiceAttack to overlay configurable text on any windowed application.

How do I make a simple info-panel with text and a transparent background in C#
In a nutshell that's how v1 works.

Here are a couple examples of the working prototype:

Mostly everything is done I'm just working through bugs and things like that as time allows. I'm hoping to have an invite-beta available in the next few months (no promises though). If this sounds interesting to you let me know if you're willing to help test it out. 

Cheers!

toto313

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 01:41:34 PM »
hi Exergist

I would be interested to test your project but:

1 - I would like to tell you that I do not speak English (google translation)

2 -  I would like to know exactly what your project is doing

3 - I do not have computer skills