Author Topic: Memory Leak [Solved]  (Read 1296 times)

Ectropian

Memory Leak [Solved]
« on: September 07, 2019, 09:07:45 AM »
So I'm experiencing a memory leak currently.  My VA Cpu usage is 10.8% with Memory usage at 2.8GB and combing by 80mb/s .. would really love to find out why this happens. It doesn't happen ALL the time.  In fact, currently my Mic is turned off because I wasn't using VA for my game.. now at 3.5GB and climbing.. Screenshot attached.  Any suggestions?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Memory Leak
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 09:17:26 AM »
That's absolutely not normal for sure.  Are you using any third-party packs or plugins?  If so, you'll want to try disabling each to see if it is causing issue.  You can enable/disable plugins from the plugin manager located on the Options > General tab.  You'll also want to try just opening a blank profile to see if that makes a difference.

Something else to try (just a long shot) is to go to Options > Audio and change the audio type from 'Windows Media Components' to, 'Integrated Components'.  The former has been causing other small issues lately (the latter will become the default option in later releases).

Ectropian

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 09:24:06 AM »
That's absolutely not normal for sure.  Are you using any third-party packs or plugins?  If so, you'll want to try disabling each to see if it is causing issue.  You can enable/disable plugins from the plugin manager located on the Options > General tab.  You'll also want to try just opening a blank profile to see if that makes a difference.

Something else to try (just a long shot) is to go to Options > Audio and change the audio type from 'Windows Media Components' to, 'Integrated Components'.  The former has been causing other small issues lately (the latter will become the default option in later releases).

Update: my game ended up Crashing.  After it crashed, VA memory usage returned to 54MB without a restart.  I use a separate profile for each game with a central referenced profile for general commands such as screenshots and audio switching.  So I have 2 commands setup to switch to Headphones/Mic or Desktop Speakers/Mic.  Both of these profiles also have a "when I press Keys" shortcut as well as Voice Activation.

I deleted my game profile since I don't use it much for that game, and Changed my Audio type in Options to 'Integrated Components' as suggested.  Let's see if this happens again.

Ectropian

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 09:29:43 AM »
Also.. It seems I had a duplicate command setup for keyboard binds.  My Audio command "Switch to speakers" has a keybind of LCtrl+LAlt+F8.  Then I had a Silent keybind ONLY command set with a different name but the same keybind.  So I believe this is not a bug, just an oversight on my part.  However it would make me wonder why VA doesn't check the keybind commands like it checks voice command names to prevent looping?