Author Topic: Delaying the Launch of a chain in the Voiced Heading.  (Read 903 times)

f1iceman

Delaying the Launch of a chain in the Voiced Heading.
« on: July 12, 2019, 03:42:52 PM »
Hi

NOOB !!
Gosh don't you love them :-)

might be simple here is my situation, i want to launch say example "start game" with the voice command, which i can do no problems, but in that command i want it to open 1st process/ programme and pause until its loaded it then load the next one say the game exe in the list i have enterd.
so the programme launches fully 1st before the games starts.
basically its launch oculus then the game exe.
i want oculus to be fully loaded up before it does the next command.
hope all these ways make sense.

so basically giving time for the 1st to load in and ready before it moves to the next command in the list.

i have tried a few thing but it still opens the two commands at the same time no matter what i have tried.

thank you in advance if any one tries to help me.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 04:35:47 PM by f1iceman »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Delaying the Launch of a chain in the Voiced Heading.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 04:41:37 PM »
When you launch your application from the, 'Run an Application' screen, make sure you have the, 'Wait until launched application is started before continuing'.  This will cause the command to wait until the message pump response from the launched application.  You may need to add a slight pause after that before launching your next application.

Hope that helps!

f1iceman

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 03:25:34 AM »
Hi
Thank you for the reply thats what i have done with the setting but not quite sure how the puase works as what ever i try it still launches at the same time.
It dont wait until on has done then start the next.
How do i add the pause or is there a link to that i can read.
I tried going into advanced and trying a value.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 06:33:07 AM »
The "Wait until launched application is started before continuing" option can only detect when an application has started, not when it has completed loading (as the latter differs per application; This is a Windows "restriction").

You'll have to add a pause using the "Pause >" button context menu (or the "Add Pause" entry in the action list's context menu), to wait until the first application would normally be loaded (you'll have to time that manually and adjust accordingly).

If the application opens a different window when it's done loading, you could also add an idle loop that checks for the existence of said window before continuing (This is an advanced option, so you may want to try the pause first).
E.G.
Code: [Select]
Run application 'notepad'
Set Text [~~targetWindow] to 'Untitled - Notepad'
Start Loop While : [{WINDOWEXISTS:~~targetWindow}] Does Not Equal '1'
End Loop
Write [Blue] 'Application window has appeared' to log

Note that the window appearing does not mean the application will correctly receive input yet (if you're sending keypresses to it, for example), so you'll still want to add a pause after the idle loop, too.

For more information, press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf

f1iceman

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 01:28:16 PM »
How did i miss the pause option i never no ! LOL

i must admit was very very late at night and was tired when i was doing it prob why i didn't click in my head.

Thank you for help solved the problem.