Author Topic: just basic voice command and still maintain my xbox one controller functionality  (Read 5026 times)

cyyoung@cox.net

im just wanting basic voice commands and still maintain my xbox one controller functionality,i just want to be able to deploy cargo scoops,landing gear , retract them  of course,cycle hud and weapons,is this possible,and if so how do I go about it,using the voice packs screws up my controller

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
If you are having issues with a third-party HCS Voice Packs product, they will be best able to assist you.

They can be contacted on their forum, or their Discord.

cyyoung@cox.net

so its not possible without hcs voicepacks ?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
You can create a profile to send keypresses to Elite:Dangerous to activate the functions you mention, however getting data from the game requires more advanced methods.

One tool that seems to be quite popular is EDDI, which has a VoiceAttack plugin that can set values within VoiceAttack with some of the ingame data.

Gary

• Administrator
It's certainly possible without the voice packs (as the voice packs are built on VoiceAttack commands and actions), but the voice packs are helpful if you are unfamiliar with VoiceAttack.

The packs should not be interfering with your controller.  Could you provide some detail on what it is you are experiencing versus what it is you are expecting to happen?  For instance, you press joystick button 1 and you expect it to lower landing gear but it does not.  Or, you press joystick button 2 and the cargo scoop does not do what you think it's supposed to do.  That will be the only way you will be able to get help with your problem (both here and on HCS's forum).

cyyoung@cox.net

well when I use voice attack and the hcs packs,the voice attack is working good enough for what I want,but I lose most control from my controller to VA,i just want to have full control of the game with my controller,and use the voice attack for the few small things I want when in VR,i am running the beta version of VA,ad am  using hcs advanced gamepad setting for my controller,im not sure if I am missing a setting or tweak,i also don't like the fact the vice packs and elite talk over each other is there a fix for that,when I normally game I use the default context setting in elite for my controller,im running wirelessly,should I be plugging my controller via usb ? thanks guys for your help

Gary

• Administrator
To be clear, when you set up your Xbox controller, did you choose, 'Gamepad Controller 1' as your controller?  There is an issue with XBox wireless controller drivers and DirectInput that is so far unresolved without using older drivers (I had to provide a workaround just for those).  If you don't choose, 'Gamepad Controller 1' (and instead select, 'XBox Wireless Controller (or whatever)'),  VA will not be able to detect if the controller's buttons are pressed unless VA is in focus.

cyyoung@cox.net

ok thanks Gary will try that

cyyoung@cox.net

To be clear, when you set up your Xbox controller, did you choose, 'Gamepad Controller 1' as your controller?  There is an issue with XBox wireless controller drivers and DirectInput that is so far unresolved without using older drivers (I had to provide a workaround just for those).  If you don't choose, 'Gamepad Controller 1' (and instead select, 'XBox Wireless Controller (or whatever)'),  VA will not be able to detect if the controller's buttons are pressed unless VA is in focus.
gamepad controller 1 from bindings or as joystick ?

Gary

• Administrator
If you go to VoiceAttack's Options screen (little wrench in the bottom-right corner), then go to the, 'General' tab, there is a button labeled, 'Joystick Options'.  Click that and up in the top-left, you'll see a check box labeled, 'Enable Joystick 1'.  Is that box checked?  If so, what does it say right under it as the assigned joystick?

If it says, 'Game Controller 1', you are good to go.  If it says, 'Controller (XBox One For Windows)', click on, 'Unassign 1' and then click on, 'Assign 1'.  Choose, 'Game Controller 1' as your joystick.  This option is for getting around the wireless driver issue.  'Controller (XBox One for Windows)' only works if VA is in focus.

cyyoung@cox.net

ok thanks ,changed the setting will try tomorrow,thanks again

cyyoung@cox.net

ok that did not work same issues using hsc advanced gamepad and hcs advanced gamepad 2,but I did notice it work using the hcs 360 profile,with the x1 controller but now when I jump my ship dethrottles at the star,even with hyperspace dethrottle off,when I usually play elite with my x1 controller I use the default context profile that is in the frontier setting,can you make an hcs binding profile for what frontier has for default context ? any ideas why it dethrottles when I jump

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Everything you're mentioning is HCS Voice Packs specific, VoiceAttack does not by default interact with Elite: Dangerous; The third-party HCS Voice Packs profile and plugin do.

To resolve issues with HCS Voice Packs products, you can contact the HCS Voice Packs support staff on the HCS Voice Packs forum, or the HCS Voice Packs Discord.