Author Topic: [solved] Letter "K" not passing through when set as Command Shortcut  (Read 1792 times)

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
"When I press a key:" for keyboard keys set as Command Shortcut works as if "Do not allow key to be passed through" is checked when key is set to "K"

Did not all check other letters/keys.  I am using QWERTY USA standard keyboard layout in English locality, Windows 10.

Other keys I checked like "J" work just fine, and will pass through when that box is unchecked, and do not pass through when it is checked.  That's the extent of my testing over the last hour as I scratched my head.

...TMI section, includes suggestion:

Trying to make a system that asks the user to input a key that then gets set as the Command Shortcut (and refreshes variable hotkeys).  Under Get Input, would be neat to capture raw key input like [CTRL][ALT] J  and toss it into a text variable like brackets shown for use as a variable hotkey --but I could understand this being way too rare use to spend time implementing.  I could imagine a few ways to work around it, regardless.

If it could capture joystick input just the same as keyboard input, it would make it bit more useful and cool, but still rare use.

If Command Shortcuts for Joystick (and/or mouse) inputs could use variables, too, that would be fairly helpful making a system that asks users to set command hotkeys by voice without ever having to open the profile editor.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 04:01:35 PM by SemlerPDX »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
I cannot replicate this on my machine; "k" still operates as normal, with all different options. Only when the "Do not allow key to be passed through" option is actually checked is it intercepted.

Have you verified no other commands have "k" set as a keyboard shortcut?

Have you tried checking the option, saving the command and the profile, then unchecking it and saving again?

I believe the first of your suggestions is described in this feature request.

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Thank you for that, Pfeil!

I found a keyboard shortcut in another profile that I thought was disabled ages ago.  It's a global profile, so it was affecting this other profile with it's "Do not allow key to be passed through" and I never would have found that without someone else to check.  Thanks again!

And for the feature suggestion link!