Author Topic: Voice Attack and InputDirector  (Read 2509 times)

Ed

Voice Attack and InputDirector
« on: May 03, 2019, 06:37:55 PM »
Hi All,

I have been trying unsuccessfully to get VoiceAttack and InputDirector to do what I want.

I want to say a command in VoiceAttack, have that command sent to InputDirector and then sent to my client/slave. Both InputDirector and VoiceAttack are on a Master and both are on the same PC.

I have this setup working great with Hotkeynet, but sadly there are some keystrokes that Hotkeynet will send to the client/slave, but the client doesn't respond. I see the key strokes arriving on the client PC in the hotkeynet client software.

Those keystrokes that do not work  I have tried to send  through InputDirector. I really can't tell if the keystrokes are being sent via InputDirector. VoiceAttack gives a green recognition and the lightening icon shows, but nothing happens on the client and I can't tell if the command is actually getting through to the client. I can physically press the key commands on my Master PC keyboard and they will goto the client and an action will happen. Just can't seem to get it to work through a voice command.

I have checked and rechecked file sharing and firewall rules. I've opened the necessary port on client and master.

As an example I tried using a simple one stroke key command (P) to Pause my program on the client. Voice command (Pause) I have recorded 'P' as a hotkey in InputDirector and it is directed to goto the Client name. (Slave C1). Nothing takes place on the clent and I can't tell if the key command actually arrived. Is there away to tell?

So I tried another combination. The Windows + E key. What this did was open File Explorer on the Master, but not on the client. I'm at wits end. It almost seems like something like a firewall block..but I've shared everything I can think of between the two PC's and now running out of ideas and looking for some help. I have the send to box unticked.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Voice Attack and InputDirector
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 08:03:12 PM »
Hi, Ed.

As a starting point, you might want to take a look at this thread as it's helped a lot of folks over the years with similar types of issues:

https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=53.0

I would make sure the key presses are being held long enough first before running as an admin. 

Hope that solves it!

Ed

Re: Voice Attack and InputDirector
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 08:06:11 AM »
Thanks Gary. Will take a look at that.