Author Topic: Newbie VoiceAttack is not reacting to my voice  (Read 4687 times)

kmaultsby

Newbie VoiceAttack is not reacting to my voice
« on: April 29, 2019, 12:41:23 PM »
Just installed VA and when through the setup process, but after completing the process it doesn't register my voice I don't see the black level indicator at the bottom of the window.  I am using windows 10 the audio Realtek using analog jacks headset plug into the front of the computer. If I unplug headset it does recognize that the headset is not present.
I did go into properties and change it to the Administrator.  What am I missing?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Newbie VoiceAttack is not reacting to my voice
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 01:50:44 PM »
Hi, there.

You may want to take a look at this thread as it may have what you are looking for:

https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=63.0

Hope that helps!

kmaultsby

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 06:34:25 PM »
I have already went though the advance tab.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 06:58:24 PM »
How is your volume level?

The black bar moves as the speech engine indicates that it's picking up sound.  If the speech engine is not getting any sound, that bar will not move.

Have you tried a different headset?

kmaultsby

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 12:04:18 PM »
Just purchase another set still nothing.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 12:15:25 PM »
I'm assuming you are using Windows 10 -

If you press the Windows key and type, 'Speech Recognition' to bring up the Windows Speech Recognition control panel app, what type of results do you get when you do the training or if you open the Windows Speech Recognition app?

If those are working, would you go into VoiceAttack's Options screen and see what you have selected for, 'Disable acoustic echo cancellation'.  Try checking or unchecking that box to see if it makes any difference.  What this boils down to is there is something on your system that is preventing the speech engine from receiving audio input.  That could be a hardware issue, driver issue, other applications interfering, etc.  It could also be a configuration issue, but it looks like you've already got that covered with,
I have already went though the advance tab.
  Could you elaborate a little more on what you found in there?

kmaultsby

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 12:40:09 PM »
Gary You are the man.  I check Disable Acoustic Echo Cancellation and that did the trick.  Any other tips you can give me because audio meter seems a little low.

kmaultsby

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 12:42:16 PM »
I will have to do the windows voice training again.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 02:00:44 PM »
Yes, you might want to do the training - verify that the levels remain within the green area of the meter.

What version of VA are you using?  The, 'Disable acoustic echo cancellation' should be checked by default on later versions of VA. 

The reason that option solves your problem is probably because you have a version of Nahimic/Sonic Studio running.  Those interfere with the default instantiation of the speech engine.

kmaultsby

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 06:23:24 PM »
"You may have Nahimic/Sonic Studio running"  What is this and were can I find it? I am using the latest version. v1.7.5

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2019, 08:08:14 PM »
It usually comes installed with Asus and MSI products.  Do you have an Asus motherboard?

kmaultsby

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2019, 01:41:45 AM »
Yes I have Asus MB.