Author Topic: execute of command works but recognized voice command does not execute  (Read 6878 times)

Agent86

Hi,

I created a command to open sim racing apps and it opens.

When I create a command to close sim racing apps window, I can run test and it works and and I can right click the command to execute it and it works. The voice command recognizes my voice command as well, but voice command does not execute the command.

UPDATE:
I can voice command 3 times and it closes the app. Also if I check the repeat 3 times then the app closes. This is really weird that 3 repeats are required, but one execute will close the app.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
The voice command recognizes my voice command as well, but voice command does not execute the command.
...?

Does the log show that the command is recognized?

Has anything changed between executing the command from the command list and executing it using a spoken phrase(E.G. you're minimized the window you're trying to close, you've started a game, etc...)?

Agent86

The voice command recognizes my voice command as well, but voice command does not execute the command.
...?

Does the log show that the command is recognized?

Has anything changed between executing the command from the command list and executing it using a spoken phrase(E.G. you're minimized the window you're trying to close, you've started a game, etc...)?

Thanks for the reply.

When you say "log" I assume your talking about the status window that shows the recognition and text etc. ?
No nothing has changed it's a single command test at the moment and no game launched or anything.

If so then yes is shows things like this:
9:58:24 PM - Recognized : 'open sim racing apps'

If I select to execute this only once it shows this in the log for each time I tried to voice execute the command:
10:02:43 PM - Recognized : 'close sim racing apps'
10:02:38 PM - Recognized : 'close sim racing apps'
10:02:30 PM - Recognized : 'close sim racing apps'

I can issue the voice command 3 times and it closes the app, this is what prompted me to select to repeat 3 times and it will close the app.

Strange that I can execute and run test once and it closes the app.

Additionally a similar issue happens when I try to minimize a window for this app too.
When I create a command to minimize it indeed works when executed, or also even voice command.

However, If I ad this command to execute another command just after I open the sim racing apps. I cannot minimize the sim racing apps launcher window using the minimize command that I created and that actually is functional.

I see this on the log when I execute with voice command and run the extra executed minimize command
9:58:29 PM - Error with launched file: [WaitForInputIdle failed.  This could be because the process does not have a graphical interface.]

So this failed note in the lot appears 8 times, I can actually select to repeat the minimize command 9 times and it will indeed minimize my sim racing apps launcher window on the 9th repeat.

Very strange. I attempted to create a wait time but this didn't change anything still had to repeat exactly 9 times to minimize this screen.

However, restating that the execution of the minimize command on it's own works both manually and voice execution.

If I select things like don't wait for launch, then I get this for minimize command:
10:16:36 PM - Unable to acquire window or process for window function

Thanks for all replies.

Agent86

So here is what opening sim racing apps looks like in the log

10:29:59 PM - Recognized : 'minimize sim racing apps'
10:29:26 PM - Unable to acquire window or process for window function
10:29:25 PM - Launched 'C:\Users\Owner\Documents\SIMRacingAppsServer_1.8_Build_2019.01.26.exe' (minimized)
10:29:25 PM - Recognized : 'open sim racing apps'

As you can see the minimize command withing the 'open sim racing apps' produces an unable to acquire window process for window function.

However, the minimize sim racing apps which is the same created command being used as an extra executed command works on it's own.

The same minimize command can be repeated inside the 'open sim racing apps' command and it will minimize the screen on the 9th attempt.

I can't figure out what or what is causing this especially since I can issue a single minimize command on it's own and it works perfectly.

Gary

• Administrator
"Unable to acquire window or process for window function" means that VA cannot locate the window for whatever reason.  Does it have a title that changes?

Agent86

"Unable to acquire window or process for window function" means that VA cannot locate the window for whatever reason.  Does it have a title that changes?

No, but I think I figured something out.

I get this message if sim racing apps is not running. So if I try to run the command for 'minimize sim racing apps' I get the unable to acquire window which makes sense.

So within the minimize command I went to the command and there is an option to "pause up to ??? for window process to be available".

So this seems to have solved it.

I do not really know why this occurred and I attempted many other pause options but I didn't see this one in the main minimize command for window function. So at least I understand how this works now and why it may have been happening.

It's possible I have a similar problems with other commands that I'm not aware of. I had this in the log for others, but those did not have a problem with function it only appeared in the logs.

Anyhow, thanks I think this might be solved.

Agent86

Well the command for 'close sim racing apps' still take 3 repeats even with 3 voice commands.

However, execution of the command to close or the run test does not require 3 attempts to close the window.

This was initially my post which sort of led to other overlapping subjects not related to this sorry.

This problem still persists.

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
So for clarification:
You're saying that when your racing app is open and focused and you run your 'close racing app command' via a non-voice trigger (keyboard, manually running the command via mouse clicks, etc) the command executes and closes the app as expected. But if you have the app open and focused and execute the 'close racing app command' via voice trigger the command does NOT run? Or perhaps does the command run but the app remain open?

Additional details, VA event log snapshots, and either snapshots or pasted command action code may help us further diagnose the issue.

Agent86

So for clarification:
You're saying that when your racing app is open and focused and you run your 'close racing app command' via a non-voice trigger (keyboard, manually running the command via mouse clicks, etc) the command executes and closes the app as expected. But if you have the app open and focused and execute the 'close racing app command' via voice trigger the command does NOT run? Or perhaps does the command run but the app remain open?

Additional details, VA event log snapshots, and either snapshots or pasted command action code may help us further diagnose the issue.

Thanks for all the replies and I'll try to explain this subject in this long winded response. Sorry.

The voiceattack window that shows the status of things shows things like this
9:58:24 PM - Recognized : 'close sim racing apps'

This voice command does not close the application the first time, but if I speak this voice command 3 times then it will close

So it will show this in the log for each time I speak this voice command.
10:02:43 PM - Recognized : 'close sim racing apps'
10:02:38 PM - Recognized : 'close sim racing apps'
10:02:30 PM - Recognized : 'close sim racing apps'
After the 3rd voice command the application will close

If I open the created command and edit and click the option to repeat 3 times, then the voice command works and the application closes.

However, I can open my voice commands screen and right click to 'execute' the voice command for testing. And it closes the application with one click and no repeat selection.

I can also open the command edit screen where I find the 'run test' option and it also will close the application without repeat selection.

Backround of simracingapps.
It has overlays on it I can click the launcher screen to open other overlays if I want them.
I can click to close the launcher window and all those overlays close.
The command I created itself is doing the same thing. I use windows function to close the titled window.

What I noticed is that every time I speak the command it closes only one of the overlay screens. So I have 2 overlay screens and the launcher window itself. Closing the launcher window will close the overlay screens and also kill the overlays and the server app too.

Voice executions is acting like it's only closing one overlay at a time and not closing the window. So this seems to be why I have to issue the spoken command 3 times.

However, why would execution of the voice command be different then right clicking and manually executing or running the test ?

Closing each overlay is ok, and making this work with the repeat function but I'm confused why voice and manual execution is reacting different for the same command.

I don't think it should have to repeat 3 times and I'm concerned I'll keep running into this subject in the future.

Thanks for all the replies.

Gary

• Administrator
There is no difference in execution for a given command whether you trigger it from via voice, keyboard, mouse, joystick, proxy, etc. - it all resolves to the same command.  This is the first time this has ever come up, so, I'm going to have to assume this has something to do with your setup or your command in some way. 

Something to try -  put a pause as the first action of your command for like 3 seconds.  That way, the speech facilities have a chance to stop processing - hoping to rule out some kind of resource issue with your setup.  If that does not help at all, would you mind exporting your profile with ONLY the command that is not working to this thread?

Agent86

Re: execute of command works but recognized voice command does not execute
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2019, 09:30:07 AM »
In spite of working with both voiceattack as admin and sim commander as admin it appears that voiceattack as admin can run sim commander without UAC popping.

I have no idea why especially since I have was able to run sim commander with UAC even manually clicking on the shortcut or the .exe file itself.

It always gave me UAC and now voiceattack as admin seems to run it without UAC popping for some crazy reason. Not complaining and happy that it does but most puzzling.

Thanks for all the replies.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: execute of command works but recognized voice command does not execute
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2019, 06:36:49 PM »
When an application is running as admin, applications it starts run in the same security context, I.E. when VoiceAttack starts an application while it's running as admin, it will launch applications running as admin.

This means you get no UAC prompt, because there is no change of security context that needs to be authorized.

If an application is running as admin, that's likely because this option is set in the compatibility options.

If you want to try running that application without admin rights(note that this may cause certain features to not work), right-click either a shortcut to it, or the executable directly, choose "Properties" in the context menu, on the "Compatibility" tab uncheck "Run this program as an administrator", click "OK" to save.

Jooyande

My problem is quite similar  ???
Command get recognized and executed but the application doesn’t react.
The command is a set of key strokes and I have put pauses between each to ensure the gap between two stokers are big enough.
What to do?
Thank you in advance

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Have you checked what's mentioned in this topic?

Jooyande

Yes.
Considered already all those tips

Gary

• Administrator
What app are you trying to send input to?  Are you using commands built by a third party?

Have you tried sending input to something basic like Notepad with a command you have built yourself?

Jooyande

Sending to DCS
Via Vaicom addon
No haven’t tested with any other app.
Will do so