Author Topic: VA v.1.7.3.6 Keypress detection does not seem to be stable  (Read 1390 times)

FireSammy

It will not give any "warnings" nor error messages, but just suddenly bypass all,- and/or some keypresses (which have been set -not to be passed through). The only way to "fix" this situation is to restart the VA, which is quite inconvenient in many cases.

In my case, it will require to shut down the game and all possible applications used with that game (as they are being launched and have set init values with VA)

o7

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VA v.1.7.3.6 Keypress detection does not seem to be stable
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 09:19:43 AM »
Hi, FireSammy

Are you talking about keys that VoiceAttack presses - like

Press X key down
Release X key

Or are you talking about where you press a key (shortcut) and VoiceAttack responds by executing a command?

FireSammy

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 03:06:31 AM »
Yeah, i think mostly the shortcut -type of keypresses get this problem. I have multiple screen setup so i can see is the keyboard shortcuts being deactivated or not. I have the VA always visible. I have commands that will set it -typing mode and typing mode off. Sometimes this happens, especially when doing some editing commands while gaming,- or any other app i use the VA with. Alt tabing the main screen (game screen) on and off, you know what i mean. Then i usually switch the shortcuts on/off manually with mouse. Sometimes it helps, but usually not. If not, then i usually open the editor and the "keypress insurance" -group commands and open the 'missfiring' command(s) and reset. Many times this helps but not every time. If not, then needs to restart VA + everything else.

It's not a huge critical problem, just inconvenient sometimes. In other words, quite annoying lol. I have got used to it, but since it's been this way as long as i remember and with every VA version i have used, i think i should at least mention this here.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 08:22:45 PM »
Hi, FireSammy

Make sure that your system is not being affected by another application that may be intercepting (hooking) keyboard presses.  That is usually the most common reason why VoiceAttack would not receive keyboard shortcuts.  Restarting VA would put VA as the last-opened app which would, of course, make it start working again.  I've had instances of VA open for *days* and the hooks keep working (I rely on the hooks primarily for WoW) - it's a very basic system.  Also, make sure you don't have a command somewhere that is turning it off - that's a common one as well.

On a side note (and for those reading along), turning on and off keyboard shortcuts from the main screen does not disable/enable the keyboard hook that VA is employing, but rather just doesn't do anything with the shortcuts.  So, I'm a little at a loss as to why that would work for you as a solution.

FireSammy

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 01:37:23 AM »
Hello
Quoting: "So, I'm a little at a loss as to why that would work for you as a solution." Well i do a lot of typing too on things such as facebook, emails, discord, etc -so yah it works great if only remember to disable the keys when doing that. Very nice function indeed. Opening the VA as the last application is quite hard for me these days as this thing runs and opens a lot of other programs lol. It's doable but a lot work. Again this is not a major problem and it's not like it would lose all shortcuts every time, but usually just one and always the same one. My TrackIR pause/resume -key (NUM-). Center view key (NUM8) always works, so i really don't understand why it does that.

Ohh and yah, I always close the TeamViewer app before starting working with VA. Cheers!