Author Topic: controling throttle axis  (Read 1639 times)

Metabo

controling throttle axis
« on: March 12, 2019, 11:23:14 PM »
Is it possible to have Voice Attack move to a percentage of a power setting by saying '50 percent power' and then the axis will set to the 50% value of power.  Trying to do this in Battle of Stalingrad IL2. Trying to help out a friend that is handicapped.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: controling throttle axis
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 04:40:58 AM »
It is not possible to manipulate an axis of an existing joystick device(by VoiceAttack or any other application), however you can create a virtual joystick with vJoy and set the axes using this plugin.

If the game offers a way to set this value using the keyboard, that would be a simpler solution. The original IL2(1946 and its predecessors) allowed you to set the throttle to an absolute value in 10% increments using the number keys, but it appears BoS does not(or at least it's not mapped by default according to the keymaps I can find).

You could try to use the throttle +/- keybinds to set the throttle to either extreme(minimum or maximum) so you know which value you're starting with, then increasing or decreasing to reach the desired setting(E.G. reduce throttle to 0 by pressing throttle- 10 times(or 11, if BoS still allows 110% power), then press throttle+ 5 times for 50%), assuming +/- still change the value in steps of 10 like it used to.

Whether such an option will work does also depend on the response of the sim to such a rapid change; If it has too much input lag, or the engine too little inertia, cutting or firewalling the throttle like that could damage the engine, or the change in torque could affect the attitude of the plane.

FR4NK7Y

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 04:38:58 PM »
Late to the party. VoiceAttack wont recognize my T.Flight Hotas one Axis/Throttle in the first place. Any Ideas?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 04:44:58 PM »
"recognize" in what way?

Axes can be used with the "Device State" tab of conditions and loops, and the relevant "STATE_JOYSTICK" tokens.

Do button presses from the same device register?

FR4NK7Y

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 04:54:17 PM »
If I press a button... will "see" buttons, of t.flight hotas one usb controller (in both xbox/pc mode)
but it wont see axis's

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 04:58:23 PM »
"wont see" where?

Axes are not shown in windows that are intended for buttons, like the one for the "When I press button" option, or the "Test Joystick Buttons" window.

As mentioned, axes can currently be checked by conditions and loops, or their positional value can be retrieved using tokens.