Author Topic: Can't see voiceattack panel  (Read 1893 times)

Ripcut

Can't see voiceattack panel
« on: February 20, 2019, 08:02:58 PM »
My VA starts when windows starts up and does not show a panel.  I have no way of getting to the options to shut it off or change it.  Can't restart it- can't shut it down.
Any ideas on how to get to  the panel???

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Can't see voiceattack panel
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 08:23:41 PM »
Did you set it to run from the system tray? You should see a VoiceAttack icon at the bottom right of your screen(provided your taskbar is in the default location), next to the clock; Click it to bring up the main window.

Ripcut

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 04:36:34 AM »
No,  In fact I don't remember setting it to start with  windows. It doesn't come up in the sys tray either. Think I'm screwed--------------------------

iceblast

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 08:30:32 AM »
Just hit CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to bring up the Task Manager, Under the Processes Tab, look for VoiceAttack.exe*32 click on it, and hit the End Process button. That should close VA, then all you have to do is start it again, then you should have access to the settings, and you can change what needs to be changed.

If that doesn't do it, you might have to uninstall, and reinstall VA.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 08:54:53 AM »
Are you sure VoiceAttack is actually running? Does it respond to commands?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 11:01:50 AM »
Some things to try -

If you launch VA while holding down CTRL + Shift, do you get the, 'Load Options Screen'?  If that screen does pop up, you might want to try setting some of the options at the top that disable features to see if VA launches.

Also, in the VoiceAttack installation folder, do you have a, 'VoiceAttackFault.txt' file?  The installation directory is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack (or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\VoiceAttack for the Steam version).  If that file is present, would you mind sharing it here or sending it to support@voiceattack.com? 

If the load options screen does not come up and there is no current VoiceAttackFault.txt file, that is almost always indicative of VA being prevented from running at all.  That situation has always pointed to some sort of antivirus/internet security app blocking VA.  You'll want to add an exception to the app(s) for VA.