Author Topic: Copying commands between profiles...  (Read 7539 times)

shaunpond

Copying commands between profiles...
« on: July 05, 2016, 02:16:13 AM »
I've using Voice Attack with Elite:Dangerous, and I have several "voices" from HCS Voice Packs. I like to switch between these voices, and it's easy to do: however I have created several extra commands in one profile that use commands from that profile (for example, select next target, engage hardpoints, then select optimum power distribution and then speak a phrase from that character's voice statements), and I'd like to have the same command do the same things in my other profiles. The problem is, when I export the commands, the xml that's exported references the GUID of the subcommand, not the name, so they all come across as command not found...
So, I suppose, I'm asking, can I import/export commands using the names of other commands that are referenced instead of the GUID?

shaunpond

Re: Copying commands between profiles...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 02:32:04 AM »
So I am guessing this isn't possible?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 11:16:23 AM »
I don't use HCS Voice Packs, but to avoid the GUID dependency you can use "Execute by name(Advanced)"(a setting of the normal "Execute Another Command" action), rather than referencing the command directly.

Note that it says advanced for a reason: If you accidentally create an infinite loop, VoiceAttack will likely crash.

On the other hand, you can call the exact variant of the command you need, and you can call a nonexistent command(VoiceAttack will merely tell you it can't find it).

I use this to have my master profile(which contains universal commands like volume control) switch back to the current active profile window after focus is lost, by executing a command within the profile that references the process name of said window.

This means I can just use
Code: [Select]
Execute command, 'Switch to application' (by name)as an action, rather than having to go
Code: [Select]
Begin Text Compare : [{PROFILE}] Equals 'notepad'
    Display window 'notepad.exe' as [Normal]
End Condition
for every single profile.

shaunpond

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 02:22:11 AM »
Superb, that sounds like it's what I need. Thanks, I'll spend some time getting that right :)