Author Topic: Check if Input has been accepted  (Read 1445 times)

Tiramisu

Check if Input has been accepted
« on: January 16, 2019, 07:24:52 PM »
I have a problem using Voice Attack for the Digital Combat Simulator (DCS). There is an "intercomm" button that allows me to communicate with the AI. The problem in DCS is that this button does not work for the first time, after it has not been used for a while. So if it has not been used for more than about half a minute or so, then it has to be pressed a second time before DCS accepts this button as an input. But if it has been used recently, then it is accepted immediately after the first time.
At least this bug occurs on my PC system (Win 10) and it only concerns the "intercomm" button, while other buttons work without problems. You can probably imagine how much problem this makes, when I try to use Voice Attack for DCS.

So my question is whether there is a way how Voice Attack could check, if DCS has accepted this button or not. I am really desperate about this right now. Any help is appreciated!

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Check if Input has been accepted
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 08:59:48 PM »
Unless there is some way to get this information from the game (like through an API or log), there's no way for VA to know if DCS is in intercom mode or not.  If DCS has an API or log that can be read, VA could be configured (with some work) to read that information.

Tiramisu

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 07:32:10 AM »
Too bad there is no easy method. I have even thought about some kind of a pixel check, but that might cause problems with anti-cheat-rules in MP.

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 05:20:25 PM »
I'm not familiar with DW2, but if you use it in a non-competitive capacity there would probably be no issues with TOS violations. You could check out this post (see the latest v1.1.0) for a method to get pixel color information. You could also have VA track the key responsible for the intercom and execute a specific action if a certain amount of time has passed since this key was last pressed.