Author Topic: Change playback Output / Input  (Read 1945 times)

SkiperTheBoss

Change playback Output / Input
« on: January 06, 2019, 09:43:28 AM »
Hello,

so i made a command which allows me to switch between 2 audio devices my issue is that it changes the windows default playback device. But i want to change it only for VA the output device. Would it be possible?

I also saw that Win10 also allows you to set each program the Output / Input if you looking for "Sound mixer options". Would be cool if you could use it with VA.

Thank you.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Change playback Output / Input
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 10:38:17 AM »
You can - just go to the options screen and change the, 'Override Default Playback Device' to the device that you want.  You can also send individual sounds to different devices from the, 'Play a sound' screen.

Hope that helps!

SkiperTheBoss

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 11:04:11 AM »
I know that already but what i mean is that i say the command "switch audio; change audio" then VA should change the output for itself.

That's also why I suggested this with the Win10 sound mixer options. Which allows you to change the Output / Input from a single application and not all.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 11:33:52 AM »
Ok, I get it now - you want to change the VA default setting on the fly.  I'll add it to the feature request list and see where it goes.

SkiperTheBoss

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 07:35:05 PM »
Alright, thanks.

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 08:28:58 AM »
Having this be tokenized would be nice, and having the 'change default audio decvice' command be tokenized would also be cool  ;)

SkiperTheBoss

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 06:48:39 PM »
So i was looking for a temporary solution.

The first one does works but its not exactly what i was looking for. But i using anyways because if i want to switch the Audio for all applications i could use this Code:
Code: [Select]
When I say: [switch;change] desktop [audio;sound] [device;]

Begin Boolean Compare : [Audio] Equals False
    Change playback device to: 'VoiceMeeter Aux Input (VB-Audio VoiceMeeter VAIO)'
    Maybe a check here would be nice to proof that it was changed.
    Set Boolean [Audio] to True
Else If Boolean Compare : [Audio] Equals True
    Change playback device to: 'Lautsprecher (SteelSeries H Wireless)'
    Maybe a check here would be nice to proof that it was changed.
    Set Boolean [Audio] to False
End Condition

And this should be later on the second one which allows you to switch the Audio for a single application but i would be happy if it just switch the Audio for VA only for now:
When I Say: [change;switch;share] [audio;sound] [device;] to number [one;1;two;2]

Begin Condition : [{CMDSEGMENT:4}] Equals 'one' OR [{CMDSEGMENT:4}] Equals '1'
    Set Text [Device] to 'VB-Audio-VoiceMeeter VAIO'
    Here should be an Action this allows you to switch the Audio Device only for VA.
    Say, 'Succeeded your Audio has change to {TXT:Device}.
Else If : [{CMDSEGMENT:4}] Equals 'two' OR [{CMDSEGMENT:4}] Equals '2'
    Set Text [Device] to 'SteelSeries H Wireless'
    Here should be an Action this allows you to switch the Audio Device only for VA.
    Say, 'Succeeded your Audio has change to {TXT:Device}.
End Condition

So i was searching for how i change the Volume for specific App but i was not sure what i should searching for. So then i found this App called EarTrumpet which is almost that what i was looking for but it doesn't have any Keybinds but there is Source Code on GitHub which could be usefuel to checkout.

I was hoping to find something that i could use for AutoHotkey and combine with VA which is unfortunately not the case atm maybe with the Windows Registry but i do not understand anything when a entry looks like {blabla-numbers-letters-combine-nocluehowtodecodeit} ;D where i was ending up here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Captureces\Audio\Capture which i saw here but tbh i'm not sure if its the right thing what i'm searching.

I hope it explains more what i'm try/want to do.