Author Topic: Can you help please  (Read 2223 times)

mearmortal

Can you help please
« on: January 01, 2019, 03:07:45 PM »
Hello,
   I've just baught the Thrustmaster MFD Cougar devices, 2 pack and I have T-flight HOTAS.
Now I've configured The T-Flight as the Primary Joystick, But I can only program 1 other Joystick and thats F16 MFD 1 which is one of the two pieces. Have you come across this before, and do you know of another way to assign the F16 MFD 2 as well at the same time?

I am using the Thrustmaster Target software (script editor) to run the config I've created for the buttons on both modules

Thanks.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Can you help please
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 03:53:31 PM »
I was under the impression Target could combine multiple devices into one; Does this not work for the MFDs?

Otherwise, if Target can map to F13-F24, you can use those as inputs for VoiceAttack.

I.E. you'd map the buttons you want to use with VoiceAttack to keyboard keys from F13 to F24, then set up commands to trigger of the keyboard keys.

As the MFDs have more than 12 buttons, you'd have to use a modifier key like Shift or Ctrl to map them all.

mearmortal

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 10:33:07 AM »
Thanks, I'll check TARGET's work after it's started to see if the joystick option changes, I'm not sure it combines the two MFD's into one. As for the buttons, the buttons are mapped to key combo's through TARGET scripts, and they work great on both modules as it stands, I just want to get the interactions to work on both of them through VA.

mearmortal

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 01:02:20 PM »
So I've tried a couple of things, Using the TARGET software script with pre-configured keys, and selecting the Thrustmaster Combined joystick in VA, VA doesn't report anything against any script programmed keys, but does report the Joystick number and key number for one that was not configured in the script.

So I took the key programming out of the script, and VA would recognise the buttons being pressed, but the same buttons regardless of which MFD I was using, left (1) or right(2).

So VA doesn't see the difference between the two devices, but will allow me to select two keys, one from each MFD, and indicate it as being a shift/ combination. (joy 2 button 6 & joy 2 button 6 )

It does appear that VA can't recognise the MFD's correctly, either programmed or not with TARGET.

Using Notepad, for those keys configured in the script, I was able to see letters  that were configured like z,  v, l, u h, t etc so I know it works.

Is this something you'd like to investigate to work a solution?
I can't be the only one wanting to use the MFD with VA.
Let me know if you need anything.
Thanks.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 01:24:32 PM »
VA doesn't report anything against any script programmed keys, but does report the Joystick number and key number for one that was not configured in the script.
Target intercepts the joystick inputs to replace them with keyboard keypresses, so that's normal.

So I took the key programming out of the script, and VA would recognise the buttons being pressed, but the same buttons regardless of which MFD I was using, left (1) or right(2).
Apparently it's not quite straightforward how to configure combined devices, perhaps this may prove useful.

Otherwise, if the configuration is correct, it could be this bug.

It does appear that VA can't recognise the MFD's correctly, either programmed or not with TARGET.
VoiceAttack is acting upon the information Target sends; It polls the joystick device like it would any other joystick(hardware or otherwise).

mearmortal

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 11:34:45 PM »
Thanks for the info, looks like VA can see the buttons standalone fine, one MFD at a time when not configured, but as soon as you combine them, thats it it can't. Configured or not.

The real strange thing is a couple of buttons are recognised by VA and it's those on the keypad 0-9 it can see. I've set 75% speed on KPD 8 (MFD2 button 19) and in VA set it to play as such when KPD 8 is pressed. So the target S/w config is presenting some of the keys correctly for VA when combined, you just cant see any on the key presses when the config is running on the MFD's or when they are combined using the VA test option.

I've got the combined version, configured with buttons all working in ED so for now that will have to do.
I will take it up with Thrustmaster now to see if there is something I can do, or if they want to look at it.
Those links you provided were great, just didn't apply to the MFD's as there's no Axis to speak of.

Thanks for everything.