Author Topic: Need help switching applications with VoiceAttack  (Read 2263 times)

StrangCrunchy1

Need help switching applications with VoiceAttack
« on: December 31, 2018, 10:48:55 AM »
So, I'm looking to be able to focus different windows with a voice command.  I have a profile from HCS that's able to switch from any application to Elite: Dangerous, but they have the command locked out, so I can't even look at it to see how they went about it.  I have my own supplemental profile I use for things like launching companion applications for Elite, but I'd like to be able to be playing Elite and say something like, "Switch to Discord" when I get a message, or "Switch to Firefox" when I'm waiting for a transfer, or waiting for a fuel scoop to complete, and have it switch to that particular application.  Any thoughts?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Need help switching applications with VoiceAttack
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 02:40:21 PM »
You can use the "Perform a Window Function" action for this("Other >", "Windows", "Perform a Window Function").

To make it bring a window to the foreground, enter the target window title into the "Window Title" field(you can use wildcards for a partial match), select the "Display" option if it isn't already and choose "Show" in the dropdown.

StrangCrunchy1

Re: Need help switching applications with VoiceAttack
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 04:46:28 AM »
Thanks so much for that.  Especially the bit about the wild card; I had to use that for Firefox.  Got it running perfectly now.