Author Topic: Advice on copying commands to new profile please...  (Read 2408 times)

KinkyJalepeno

Advice on copying commands to new profile please...
« on: December 22, 2018, 01:53:36 AM »
Hi all,
I keep having an issue playing Elite when I'm burping, farting, talking to myself and generally making human noises which is setting off actions like launching me from my pad mid way thorugh outfitting, I'm sure you know the kind of thing  ::)

The Singularity profile I think is a little large and able to pick up pretty much any noise and mistake it for a voice command..  So long story short, I want to make a cut down profile with just the necessities to play comfortably in VR. 

Question: If I copy a commnd to a new profile, will that action pull EVERYTHING across that enables that command to fully work?  By this I mean you havr your main command that checks the state of some variable for instance, then that might call another command, that calls a random sound etc.  Will these dependencies be pulled across, or am I going to have to track down all the parts ? 

Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Advice on copying commands to new profile please...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 02:05:18 AM »
Only commands that are referenced directly(I.E. not by name) will be copied automatically(if that option is checked).

If you're having trouble with commands executing when you didn't speak them, you can try turning up the minimum confidence level, either for individual or all commands.
Short phrases(and especially single words) are most likely to have this issue, so you may want to have the minimum confidence level for those higher than others.

KinkyJalepeno

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 03:43:27 AM »
Thanks - I'm not having trouble, just want to copy about 30 commands to a nice simple profile but wondering if i'll be leaving half of the command behind so they don't work.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 04:06:02 AM »
That profile in particular is quite complex, plus it interacts with a plugin as well; Unless you have a very good understanding of how the profile works as a whole, chances are it won't work well, if at all, when only taking certain parts of it.

In addition, when the profile is updated you'd have to do it all over again.

KinkyJalepeno

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 06:29:53 AM »
Hmmmm I'm thinking its prob best I just set the profile to nto listen by default and over-ride with a keyword like "Jazz", then I can mumble and talk to myself all I want without setting s#|+ off.. 

Sounds like I'd just end up wasting my time trying to copy - cheers