Author Topic: NOOB question about variable  (Read 5244 times)

arelusmaximus

NOOB question about variable
« on: June 28, 2016, 12:43:20 AM »
I have multiple profiles.  In one profile I set an integer of 1 to the currently selected profile and all othe profiles to zero (voicepacks).  I set this variable in a profile called set variables, which is invoked by my profile switch profile.

I have another profile called music.  When I tell the system to play music, I want it to respond based on the currently active voicepack.  Ive tried using elseif statements based on the variable I set in the variable set profile, but I do not get any result.  the command is recognized but none of the responses are triggered.

My first question is, do variables created in another profile persist when you are calling a command from another profile ??

Does this question make sense ?? Basically I want to set variables in one profile that all profiles will be able to reference.

Thanks in advance

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: NOOB question about variable
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 10:17:26 AM »
do variables created in another profile persist when you are calling a command from another profile ??

Yes. For now, all variables in VoiceAttack are global, and persist regardless of profile(Once they've been set for the current session; they're not retained across app restarts).

I suggest you post the actions from the command you're trying to make work, so we can have a look at it.