Author Topic: Just how big could I make a profile?  (Read 1637 times)

Un1k0rn

Just how big could I make a profile?
« on: November 19, 2018, 01:04:42 PM »
Hi, my second question.

I have a lot of ideas for my custom voice pack, but I was wondering... Are we able to create an experience akin to HCS using just vanilla VA and the TTS engine?

Would I be able to build responses if I take the time to learn how to?

TIA

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Just how big could I make a profile?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 01:51:20 PM »
There is no limitation on the number of commands/actions in a profile, so, that's something that you'll have to discover about your system.  You'll start hitting a resource wall after 100,000 responses or so.  At least that used to be the number.  Could be more now, though, after updates over the years.  I still have more optimization tricks to try out, even though 100,000 responses seems a little excessive o_O

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 02:03:44 PM »
Are we able to create an experience akin to HCS using just vanilla VA and the TTS engine?
Without inline functions or plugins(which I assume is what you mean by "vanilla VA"), you wouldn't be able to get the information from the game that HCS Voice Packs use, but provided it doesn't rely on that, most other functionality should be possible(understanding that TTS will not sound as good as prerecorded voices).

I don't see why not; Anything HCS Voice Packs can do, you can replicate, with enough time and effort.

Un1k0rn

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 02:09:13 PM »
Are we able to create an experience akin to HCS using just vanilla VA and the TTS engine?
Without inline functions or plugins(which I assume is what you mean by "vanilla VA"), you wouldn't be able to get the information from the game that HCS Voice Packs use, but provided it doesn't rely on that, most other functionality should be possible(understanding that TTS will not sound as good as prerecorded voices).

I don't see why not; Anything HCS Voice Packs can do, you can replicate, with enough time and effort.

Thanks. That's exactly what I was getting at.

Cheers, I think I know what I'm doing now. :3