Author Topic: Hi, new here. Got a quick question about profiles in VA.  (Read 2132 times)

Un1k0rn

Hi, new here. Got a quick question about profiles in VA.
« on: November 15, 2018, 01:33:50 PM »
I'm currently working on a new profile for VA, for Elite Dangerous, including text-2-speech feedback. Basically, my own home-brewed voice pack.

I would simply like to ask, how can I make a backup of the the profile on my computer?

This is is for both safety, and secondly, so when I have a new system in a couple years, I can easily transfer the profile to the new system?

Forgive the noob-level questions. I'm pretty new to making my own profiles.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Hi, new here. Got a quick question about profiles in VA.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 01:44:54 PM »
Hi, Un1k0rn & welcome :)

I'm away from my computer at the moment, but I thought I'd throw this over to you.  Check out this thread:
https://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1639.0

Essentially, you're just going to want to keep your VoiceAttack.dat file in a safe place from time to time.

Hope that helps!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 01:58:21 PM »
Check out this thread:
https://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1639.0

That topic does not yet reference it, but an option was added to open the profile database folder directly:
Click , click the "System / Advanced" tab, click "Click here to browse VoiceAttack's data folder.".

If you want to back up the profile by itself, which may be useful if you want to revert changes later:
Click , click "Export Profile", click "Export", choose a location for the file, click "Save".

Now you will have a .vap file that contains the profile and most of its settings.

Note that saved values will not be exported, nor will profiles included using the "Include commands from other profiles" option(or invididual commands from them, referenced by name by other commands).

Un1k0rn

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 02:27:25 PM »
Thanks guys. I've bookmarked this thread for future reference.