Author Topic: "{CMDACTIVE:}" restriction not mentioned in the documentation  (Read 1460 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
"{CMDACTIVE:}" restriction not mentioned in the documentation
« on: November 06, 2018, 02:49:38 AM »
The plugin documentation states:
Quote from: VoiceAttackHelp.pdf page 169
CommandActive(string CommandName) – This Boolean function returns true if the indicated command is actively executing. Note this feature is only available for full commands and not for composite (prefix + suffix) commands.
(Bold emphasis mine)

but the section for the "{CMDACTIVE:}" token does not mention that restriction:
Quote from: VoiceAttackHelp.pdf page 132
{CMDACTIVE:name} - This provides a way to test if a command is currently active.
Simply provide the command name (spoken phrase), and the rendered value will be, ‘1’ if the command is active, or ‘0’ if not. Ex: {CMDACTIVE:fire weapon} will check to see if the command, ‘fire weapon’ is active.

I'm assuming they both use the same underlying function, so the restriction applies to both(which appears to be the case in testing as well).

EDIT: Fixed with v1.7.2.29
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 12:06:19 AM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: "{CMDACTIVE:}" restriction not mentioned in the documentation
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 07:58:25 AM »
Ah! I added the ability to assess composite commands (prefix/suffix) not too long ago and removed the restriction text from the documentation for only {CMDACTIVE:}.  I neglected to remove it for the plugin/proxy command.  Thanks for noticing that!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: "{CMDACTIVE:}" restriction not mentioned in the documentation
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 12:42:30 PM »
Aha, I tested using a command that plays a sound(with the "Wait until sound completes before continuing command" option unchecked), but the command is no longer considered "active" if the end of the action list has been reached, but the sound is still playing(which makes sense, I just didn't stop to consider it).

Oh well, that's one way to find out that restriction no longer applies.