Author Topic: Voice Attack v1.7.2 sporadically not registering mic input  (Read 2000 times)

StrangCrunchy1

Voice Attack v1.7.2 sporadically not registering mic input
« on: October 28, 2018, 02:03:27 PM »
So, I have a Plantronics Supraplus Wideband Mono-aural headset attached to a Plantronics DA-40 USB DSP that I'm using for Voice Attack, and with some of the new sound options in Windows, I've been playing around, what with being able to set the default playback and recording devices for multiple individual programs and apps without messing with anything else, I decided to set up Voice Attack to output to and take input from my Plantronics headset by default from program launch and have everything else output to system speakers.

Well, Voice Attack doesn't seem to be handling it very well; half the time, I have to manually change the recording device from the VA Audio settings, and other times, it seems all I have to do is collapse and restore the window to get the mic to register, and other times, still, all I have to do is launch the program.  And I wondered if this was something that could potentially be resolved with future development.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Voice Attack v1.7.2 sporadically not registering mic input
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 02:13:42 PM »
Hi, there.

The Windows speech engine (what VoiceAttack relies on) is rather fussy devices used for input.  You will want to take a look at this thread that offers some tips on setting up input:

https://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=63.0

Hope that helps some!