Author Topic: Command is in another profile, switch profiles to edit?  (Read 4835 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Command is in another profile, switch profiles to edit?
« on: June 25, 2016, 10:25:22 PM »
Like many people(From what I've read on this forum at least), I have a "base" profile which contains commands universal to most profiles(Volume and media player controls, among others).

Currently, when trying to edit a command that isn't in the current profile, VoiceAttack just shows a "Command Edit Error", stating "The Command you are trying to edit is not available.".

I propose it would be helpful to handle this specific error with a dialog that asks "Command is in another profile, switch profiles to edit?", which switches profiles, opens the command list, and opens the command for editing.

Afterward, you could just stay with the switched-to profile, or, when clicking "Done" or "Cancel" in the "Edit a Profile" window, show another dialog along the lines of "Return to previous profile?", to automate that process as well.

I know an overhaul of including profiles is on the to-do list, so if this appears to be something useful, perhaps it could be implemented at that time.

EDIT: Commands from other profiles don't show any options to edit them anymore (checked in v1.7.6, though this goes back a ways).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 03:38:34 AM by Pfeil »