Author Topic: Run Commands from other profiles  (Read 2422 times)

Incurable-Rash

Run Commands from other profiles
« on: September 15, 2018, 10:38:30 AM »
I have a separate profile for setting course in Elite.
Up until now it has worked fine but other separate profile have not.
The problem is that each profile has included in it keybinding commands, timers etc.
But when I try to update or add a new command to that profile the command works when I am using that profile but when I try and use it from another profile it does not work, or the original commands work and the duplicate ones do not.
However I have found that if you change the commands to using just normal key strokes it seems to work fine.
I tried reverting back to 7.2 but it still continues.
What am I doing wrong.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Run Commands from other profiles
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 11:38:38 AM »
If you are including profiles, duplicate commands are overridden by the current profile.

Thank you for including your .vap, but what I will really need is for you to outline the steps you are taking with as much detail as possible, indicating what you are experiencing versus what you are expecting.  This will help lead to a resolution more quickly.

Incurable-Rash

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 12:10:12 PM »
The only duplicate commands are the keybinding, role panel, UI up and down etc. commands between profiles. The set course commands are only in the provided profile. I was trying to reduce the number of duplicate command that all my profiles have.
As you see the "set course profile" has keybinding and timer commands etc in it. So do the ones that I have linked with this profile.
What I am getting is the commands that I use and were created in an older version of VA are working fine, but if I duplicate a existing command or change a existing command I get error message "unable to execute command. command not available
However if I convert the command to just use a keyboard key directly it works fine.
I can send you one of the linked commands as well if you need it but it is bigger than the first one I sent.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 07:15:12 PM »
Are any of these commands duplicated within the same profile? Perhaps with one of them disabled?

The described behavior seems very similar to that of this issue.

Assigning a keypress to either of those commands does allow them to execute, as well.

Incurable-Rash

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 07:25:40 PM »
No this profile was built by importing the necessary commands to select a bookmarked system in the game and then close the map.
The funny thing is that individual the profiles operate correctly. The profile that I am referencing also works correctly if I use the commands that were created by an older version of VA, but if I try and up date that command or make a new one it does not work.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 07:30:51 PM »
Do any of the commands you are executing execute other commands as subcommands?

Incurable-Rash

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 08:05:50 PM »
Yes and after reading both your posts I got to thinking that there might be a lot of unneeded commands in the profile so I took them out and apparently removed the command that was duplicated in all the other commands I am using. It works now.
Some change in the recent updates changed the way they worked or cohabited.

Thanks for your assistance