Author Topic: Suspend Listening - not staying suspended  (Read 3340 times)

Gtrshop

Suspend Listening - not staying suspended
« on: September 12, 2018, 08:46:28 PM »
I use the suspend listening command to prevent false triggering since my gaming environment tends to get acoustically busy.

Since the last V/A update, the command seems to re-enable itself without any input. I know when it has because she will start trying to adjust suspension... which I don't want or need done.

I though I disabled the spoken commands for suspend and resume, yet it still occurs.

Any ideas?

S~

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Suspend Listening - not staying suspended
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 08:57:48 PM »
Do you have a keyboard shortcut assigned to listening? Do you have any other commands that start with the "Make VoiceAttack Start Listening" action?

To allow you to use a voice command to re-enable listening, suspending listening will still keep the speech recognition engine listening, but discard any input unless it matches a command that starts with that action.

Gtrshop

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 10:38:22 PM »
Ive unchecked the key combo for resume. I did have  the "when i say" option checked , but have now unchecked it. i will try that.

it will tell me its suspended and that it was a controller button that sent the command, but doesnt say where the resume command initiated from, just that its resumed. there is no audible notification that it resumes, it just displays its on in the VA window.

Gtrshop

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 05:44:50 PM »
you can see that i used joystick/controller to suspend. for no apparent reason VA resumed.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 07:20:10 PM »
Does the resume happen immediately after the suspend?

I see you're using a command instead, but under -> "Hotkeys" tab -> "Joystick Button Recognition", do you have a button assigned?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 07:47:25 PM »
Also, make sure you don't have a joystick button override at the profile level, either.  Edit profile > Profile Options > Profile Hotkeys.

Does disabling DRE make any difference?  Options > General > Uncheck, 'Enable plugin support', restart VA.

Gtrshop

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 06:09:35 AM »
ok, i figured it out!.

'Resume Listening' would occur every time i pressed the L SHIFT key on my keyboard. I disabled Keyboard Shortcuts and "Listening" has remained suspended until i pressed joystick key.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 06:44:48 AM »
The most likely option is that you have it mapped as a profile-specific hotkey.

Click , click , on the "Profile Hotkeys" tab, uncheck "Override Recognition Global Hotkey", click "OK", click "Done".

Otherwise, it's also possible(though unlikely) that it's mapped to a command containing the "Ignore an Unrecognized Word or Phrase" action, which keeps it from showing up in the log.

In case of the latter, you should be able to find it by entering "Left Shift" in the "list filter" field at the bottom of the "Edit a Profile" window.

Gtrshop

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 09:16:09 PM »
global hotkey was not enabled.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 03:00:12 PM »
If it's not mapped as a hotkey, either globally or as a profile override, the only option that produce a "Listening Resumed" log entry but no other entries is the aforementioned command using the "Ignore an Unrecognized Word or Phrase" action.

However, all options produce either a sound, or a sound and a log entry.

There is no method of resuming listening that produces a log entry, but no sound, that I could find.