Author Topic: Launch a browser to a specific page without losing focus on game. Open my Twitch  (Read 1489 times)

Gearz

Basically I want to be able to use a voice command to open a browser window to my twitch channel without it taking focus from my game. Is this possible?

For example, I open a game and start my stream on my streaming box (i have this set up with another copy of voiceattack  that uses the same mic output from my mixer) via voiceattack. But in a hurry, I've forgotten to open up my twitch channel in a browser so I can see my chat. I want to be able to use a voice command to open the browser to my channel and not lose focus on the game. Not have the game minimize from full screen when the browser opens up.

This would be incredibly awesome!

I already use voiceattack to control my obs functions on my streaming box and love it!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Basically I want to be able to use a voice command to open a browser window to my twitch channel without it taking focus from my game. Is this possible?
No.

If you want to open a visible window in Windows, it will steal focus(this is not something VoiceAttack can control, it's how the window manager works). If you're running a fullscreen application at the time, it will likely be affected.

The closest thing to a workaround is probably to have games run in a borderless window instead, which should allow you to switch focus from and to them relatively quickly.