Author Topic: Trouble with Target Process List  (Read 2073 times)

peterd

Trouble with Target Process List
« on: July 17, 2018, 02:41:37 PM »
I was doing a lot of Alt-Tab to switch between my game and my Voice Attack to develop new commands on the fly. I had a previous command that activated and in a rush I didn't set it up with audio feedback that the command was activated. It was basically holding down the w key to keep moving the game character forward to save my wrist repetitive stress injury.... but it backfired, on an alt-tab back to Voice Attack it started filling the Target Process list with a custom entry of wwwwwwwwwwwww

Now I have wwwwwwwww in my Process List every time I launch Voice Attack and cannot find out how to delete a custom Target Process entry to get rid of it. Am I looking in all the wrong menus?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Trouble with Target Process List
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 05:39:49 PM »
The manual doesn't appear to mention anything about removing these entries, and pressing delete(which works in some dropdowns) doesn't do anything.

It's a workaround, but if it bothers you enough, you can go to "%localappdata%\VoiceAttack.com\", in the "0.0.0.1" folder under the "VoiceAttack.exe_Url_" folder, you'll find "user.config".

Make a copy of this file as a backup before you modify it, and close VoiceAttack.

Open the file in notepad(or any text editor that doesn't mess with the markup), and find the entry for "TargetMRU";
It'll look something like this:
Code: [Select]
<setting name="TargetMRU" serializeAs="String">
                <value>&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?&gt;
&lt;ArrayOfString xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"&gt;
  &lt;string&gt;wwwwwwwwwwwww&lt;/string&gt;
&lt;/ArrayOfString&gt;</value>
            </setting>

If you have no other entries in there you want to keep, you can just remove the entire section, otherwise only remove the "&lt;string&gt;wwwwwwwwwwwww&lt;/string&gt;" line.

Save the file and start VoiceAttack, if you don't get an error message about user.config, everything else should remain the same, but the "wwwwwwwwwwwww" entry will be gone.

Otherwise, overwrite user.config with the backup copy you saved and try again(note: if you have issues, don't post the whole file here, as your registration data is included near the top).

peterd

Re: Trouble with Target Process List
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 07:43:25 AM »
Thank you for that hunting for the config file Pfeil. I did a backup first then edited out the line. I ended up taking out the entire TargetMRU section in the end and now it is gone and clean again.