Author Topic: Voice Attack crashing within ten minutes of starting up  (Read 2243 times)

thedemon44

Voice Attack crashing within ten minutes of starting up
« on: July 10, 2018, 12:45:11 PM »
I need help solving this problem. Currently using v1.7, but it was happening on previous versions as well. fresh installs are not helping.

I will be playing Elite Dangerous and everything seems fine, then it crashes.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Voice Attack crashing within ten minutes of starting up
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 12:57:09 PM »
Is there any type of message that pops up when the crash occurs?  Also, are you running any plugins?  If so, you may want to try disabling your plugins to see if there is one that is causing issue (you do this by going into your Options screen and uncheck the box labeled, 'Enable plugin support').  Run VA for a bit without plugins enabled to see if that helps.

Also, look in your VoiceAttack installation folder and see if there is a file named, 'VoiceAttackFault.txt' in there.  If so, could you post the contents of that here or mail to support@voiceattack.com?

thedemon44

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 01:32:13 PM »
Plugins are disabled (box is not checked).

I see no file called VoiceAttackFault.txt in C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack

Took a little longer to reproduce this time, went over 30 minutes without crashing.

What I received was:

VoiceAttack has stopped working. Windows can check online for a solution (with the following):

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   VoiceAttack.exe
  Application Version:   1.7.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   5aba07c5
  Fault Module Name:   StackHash_71c5
  Fault Module Version:   6.1.7601.24150
  Fault Module Timestamp:   5b0cb980
  Exception Code:   c0000374
  Exception Offset:   000ce9fb
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   71c5
  Additional Information 2:   71c56ca337055f5d3aebcf8f0c17bb66
  Additional Information 3:   5a27
  Additional Information 4:   5a272ce4496c8bde7cb3a0d4668ca560

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 02:25:52 PM »
Do you know if your profile is calling any inline functions (either written by yourself or by another user)?

You may want to try doing a system file scan (quick, should be done from time to time):  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

A chkdsk doesn't hurt either:  https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee872425.aspx

Then, you'll want to see if your speech profile has gone pearshaped (ignore the title):  http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=64.0    If you go this route, I'd try going into options and disabling adaptive recognition to see if that helps at all.

Sometimes it could be a sound card driver.  Sometimes it could be the speech engine or sometimes a bad graphics driver.  Under normal circumstances, VA should run for long periods of time without issue, but if various elements are borked up on your machine, it's kind of hard to pin down unless you are right there working with the machine.

thedemon44

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 03:19:35 PM »
I am using the Anubis voice pack (in case you are familiar with it).

I am not sure what an inline function is.

I have been unable to get the Windows Modules Installer to run. Changed the permissions for services.msc to no avail. Maybe a problem with my trustedinstaller.. I'm not sure.

chkdsk  found no problems.

I made a new speech profile I'll see what happens and continue to try to get the everything working so i can successfully run sfc.

I'll also try running an unedited version of anubis in voiceattack and see if the problem persists.