Author Topic: Voice Attack mic is permanently muted?  (Read 9172 times)

JewelsVR

Voice Attack mic is permanently muted?
« on: July 01, 2018, 07:38:03 AM »
Hey all! I just came across a really weird issue. My mic inputs in Voice attack seem to be permanently muted!

So this is happening with every single mic i try.  In the top right of VA it shows a red mic and when i look at the tooltip it says "no signal/mic muted". What makes this weird is that ive been using voice attack for years and it just suddenly started happening. All my mics work in windows and in every other app, just not voice attack.

Ive tried everything, uninstalling and reinstalling voice attack, uninstalling Razer Synapse etc. Im completey lost as to wtf is going on here. Anyone else had this issue able to point me in the right direction?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Voice Attack mic is permanently muted?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 09:42:07 AM »
If you have the little red microphone icon in the top corner, that means that the speech engine is saying that it is not receiving any type of audio input (VA just reflects that status).  What you'll want to do is make sure your devices are set up properly, by looking at this thread:  http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=63.0

From there, you may want to dive into this one (ignore the title): http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=64.0

and then this one:  http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1635.0

Hope some of that helps!

BoneScrolls

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 11:10:01 AM »
hoi, prolly not your issue but  never know ;)  I had  a similar  prob a while back ( still in fact now and then)
on my pc  occasionally at start up, the Logitech gaming software  turns the slider of my mike  down to 0 .
which has the same effect (red mic) if I just slide it back to level its good again.

Maybe something similar .

Soul

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 10:10:30 PM »
Make sure your Microphone level isn't too low, otherwise it won't get picked up. 75+ is usually where my mics sit depending on how sensitive they are.

The_Nephilim

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 10:10:37 PM »
I had just purchased the software and during setup had the same red mic icon top corner and it turned out to be a Software setting in SoundBlaster Control Panel "Noise Reduction" I unchecked it and turned down the volume as it was now too loud..

I use the Creative SoundBlaster Z Sound card.. So if you have the issue of the red microphone icon and followed the above suggestions try turning OFF Noise Reduction in the sound cards software config screen..

I just enabled Noise Reduction in TS3, Discord, to remove the noise in the mic when using those voice chat programs..

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 05:07:22 PM »
Some applications or programs may attempt to take exclusive control over an audio input or output such as a microphone.  This is generally unnecessary and often can lead to problems in custom setups.

One good way to ensure this is not the problem in your case is to disable Exclusive Mode for each of your active Playback and Recording devices under Windows "Manage Audio Devices" in the sound settings. 

Click on Properties for each device you use, select the Advanced tab along the top, and Uncheck the box next to "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"