Author Topic: Forgotten commands Elite Dangerous  (Read 3434 times)

SnaikeEyes

Forgotten commands Elite Dangerous
« on: June 27, 2018, 08:24:06 PM »
I really hope someone can help here...

I first got ED about 4 years ago and played for a little while without VA, but then found VA and purchased the Orion/Shatner VP.  Things were good. 

I have recently gotten back into ED with VA but my commands are no longer being executed.  Full Stop, jump, Engage, lights, Departure handover, etc etc are recognized by VA but nothing happens in the game.  Refuel and Repair does everything else BUT refuel and repair and calling up the Galaxy map is an exorcise in "WTF ARE YOU DOING?!"

I have reset all VA commands to Default, trained my speech engine through 4 different exercises and still am having no luck.

Any help would be appreciated as I am looking to get the Brian Blessed version (forgot the name but will never forget him from the old "Flash Gordon" movie!) but if it's not going to work as advertised there is no sense in it, no?

Thanks in advance.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Forgotten commands Elite Dangerous
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 01:14:40 AM »
Have you updated to the latest version of that profile/plugin?

This topic offers steps on resolving an issue like this.

If that doesn't help, you may want to ask on the HCS Voice Packs forum, as they have insight in the inner workings of their profiles/plugin and the interaction with the game.

SnaikeEyes

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 09:09:03 AM »
Thank you... I already run VA as an Administrator, and I have set the commands to be sent to "Elite Dangerous (Client)" so they are going to the right spot.  My question is not so much that the commands are being misunderstood (function of HCS) but of the VA program itself.  The commands going to ED are not being carried out, or being restructured into doing something else.  I have trained my Speech recognition for hours and it rarely misunderstands what is said.

I will contact HCS but it seems their part of this puzzle is working correctly.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 08:28:36 PM »
Like Pfeil has mentioned, if nothing is happening in your game, following the steps indicated in the thread he mentioned will almost always get you going.  Have you verified that your key bindings are correct (that is, pressing the correct keys for the expected actions)?  Also, try changing to, 'Active Window' and see if that makes a difference. 

What you could try is creating a new profile and adding a single command that presses whatever key you use for your landing gear as a test.

Xariyl

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 08:00:14 PM »
I recently had an issue where all my hotkeys got reset to default for whatever reason, and messed up my VA profile. I had to go back and rebind everything.

Check to make sure the commands that aren't working for you haven't actually been changed in-game.

Technomancer

• I have a bad feeling about this...
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 09:21:00 PM »
Like Pfeil has mentioned, if nothing is happening in your game, following the steps indicated in the thread he mentioned will almost always get you going.  Have you verified that your key bindings are correct (that is, pressing the correct keys for the expected actions)?  Also, try changing to, 'Active Window' and see if that makes a difference. 

What you could try is creating a new profile and adding a single command that presses whatever key you use for your landing gear as a test.

This.

I stopped playing for a couple of months due to some health issues, when I came back, there was a major (1.5 gig+) update, and I could swear, some of the bindings had changed; my profile certainly hadn't.  I went into the ED options and had to reset the key bindings to match my profile.

It wasn't too many; maybe like 25% of them, but they had definitely changed...most were actually empty...no key assignment.