Author Topic: Switch to toggle listening on/off NEVER has sound on startup - NEVER  (Read 2511 times)

Globespy

This is an issue I can repeat 100%.

I use voiceattack for SIM racing and have a button assigned on my wheel (just a USB device that is always recognized by Win 10 build 1803).
Every time my computer starts (with Voice Attack enable to launch at Windows startup or opened manually) there is no sound at all when I press my button to toggle listening off/on.

The only way to resolve is to physically open Voice Attack and press the "Stop Commands" button in the app.
Then and only then can I hear the sounds for toggle on/off listening.

I have tried using Windows Components, Integrates and Legacy - they all do the same thing.
I also reduced my system sounds to 16bit 48000 from my preferred 'Studio Quality' settings thinking maybe Voice Attack was unable to use sound quality higher than DVD quality - still the same.

I'm using the latest paid pro version.
I would appreciate some help please as this is a hassle especially if I enter a race without remembering to press the in app 'stop commands' button.

Thanks.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Switch to toggle listening on/off NEVER has sound on startup - NEVER
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 02:58:17 PM »
Here are the steps I'm using to try to recreate the problem:

Set up VA to start with Windows' startup. 
Set a joystick button to toggle listening on and off.
Test listening with the joystick, and verify that everything is working (listening is toggling, and sounds are working).
Restart Windows
VoiceAttack loads up
Press assigned joystick button to toggle listening
At this point sound is not playing for start/stop listening

I've done all of these steps and my sounds are playing without issue. 

The problem may actually be with your machine, as this looks like a case of your sound card not initializing in a timely manner.  VA's start/stop listening and command stop sounds use the same exact function, and the sounds are not loaded from disk (they are built into VA), so this is not an I/O issue (as may be the case with overriding the sounds).

Have you tried anything else like assigning a button to,  'stop commands' to see if it exhibits the same behavior (without clicking on the VA interface)?  What happens if you keep toggling listening on and off?  Does anything happen?

I'd try updating my drivers to see if that helps at all.