Author Topic: [v1.7.0.10] "Wait For Spoken Response" conflicts with existing command phrases  (Read 2219 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
I don't think the action is in the documentation yet(I couldn't find anything searching for "response" at least), so perhaps this is a known caveat:

When a "Wait For Spoken Response" action generates an existing command phrase, this will cause the action to be unable to finish as the command always executes first and takes precedence.

E.G. if the "Responses" field is given the command phrase "test", and a command named "test" exists, the result will be one of two things(that I could observe):

Recognized : 'wait for response' (Confidence 85)
Command canceled: Another command is not allowing others to execute (canceled: test).
If the command containing the "Wait For Spoken Response" action does not have the "Allow other commands to execute while this one is running" option checked, effectively preventing either command from running properly.

Or
Recognized : 'wait for response' (Confidence 85)
Recognized : 'test' (Confidence 88)
If the command containing the "Wait For Spoken Response" action does have the "Allow other commands to execute while this one is running" option checked, preventing that action(and the containing command) from completing.

If the action has a non-zero timeout, this situation will resolve itself, otherwise all commands must be stopped first.

EDIT: In v1.7.0.12(and v1.7.0.11) this works as described(both are recognized).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 12:06:26 PM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
I neglected to document that existing commands will override any responses.  Not sure if it would be good or bad to allow both.

Gary

• Administrator
I'm going to try out letting both occur and let the user sort out the conflicts.  Although a recognized command will be caught first, due to polling, it's not certain which one will appear to occur first in the log.