Author Topic: [v1.7.0.10] "Wait For Spoken Response" does not recognize numbers "1" to "9"  (Read 2741 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
When using either numeric ranges or literal numbers, "1" up to "10" "9" are not recognized by the "Wait For Spoken Response" action.

The speech engine recognizes these as "one" to "ten" "nine", so a direct match wouldn't apply; I'm assuming the workaround used by regular commands is not applied to this action.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 04:43:53 PM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
Strange... everything that is in the response goes into the speech engine just like the, 'when I say' commands.  In fact, it's all part of the same process.  I'll take a look and see if there's something missing.

Gary

• Administrator
I've added a response of [1..5000] and I'm able to get a positive result each time:
1, 419, 3280, 4999, etc.  Not sure what is going on with your setup.  I did uncover a debug item I needed to remove (if you see, '~-!-~', just ignore it... it's gone).

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Rebooting seems to have made it work, however there's an odd inconsistency:

Recognized : 'wait for response' (Confidence 94)
Unrecognized : 'One'
Unrecognized : 'nine'
I can make this happen the first time I execute the command containing the "Wait For Spoken Response" action, at which point it takes a while for the first one or two numbers to appear in the log.

Gary

• Administrator
What is your command weight set at?  Mine is at 50.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Mine is also set to 50(I've not changed the default).

However, having "[1..5000]" in the "Responses" field slowed the initial startup down significantly("Profile load time: 7437,4818 ms  (Speech engine: 7203,1077 ms)"), so I'm guessing it's something to do with asynchronously loading components not getting ready in time.

Unless someone else has this happen in a real-world scenario, it's probably fine as it is.

Gary

• Administrator
I'm hard-setting the cap at 250 responses.  If more responses are needed, it will have to be done the old-fashioned way.

This started its life as a quick/light way to get a confirm/decline action sequence going, but it boiled down to any type of response.

Gary

• Administrator
I was able to reproduce this, but not in a normal way.  If I added the responses as SRGS, the speech engine would recognize 1..9 as 'one' through 'nine' (even though '1' through '9' are presented as such).  Not much I'm going to do about this one, as we're kind of at the mercy of the speech engine with this.