Author Topic: Change audio level of an application on a specific playback device  (Read 4301 times)

Kzk

Hey guys,

I've been messing around with VA lately, pretty good piece of technology !

I set'd up commands to adjust my Spotify audio level by voice, it was working perfectly, until the moment I used audio router.

I use audio router to re-route the sound of Spotify to a specific playback device, as shown in the image below.

My problem is the following :

When the Spotify app is on my main playback device (Line 1, sound not rerouted), the command to adjust audio level works like a charm. But when I route Spotify sound to Line 2 (the device where I want the Spotify signal to be), it doesn't work anymore.

My question is: is there a way to tell VA to adjust the audio level of an application on that specific playback device somehow ?

Thanks guys
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 09:38:01 AM by Kzk »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Change audio level of an application on a specific playback device
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 07:06:31 PM »
I don't think this is currently possible natively, but you could have VoiceAttack execute NirCMD, which can change application volume on a given device.

E.G.
Code: [Select]
Run application '{VA_DIR}\NirCMD.exe' -with parameters 'setappvolume wmplayer.exe 0.75 Speakers'

Kzk

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 05:47:57 AM »
It worked like a charm, thanks a lot !

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 07:25:43 PM »
VoiceAttack can now do this natively in the v1.7.0.8 beta version; You can either upgrade to that(beta is usually pretty stable, but will contain more issues than release), or(as you have a working solution already) wait for the next release version, which will include it.

TutMeistensNix

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 02:07:52 PM »
Sorry for my english, have written this with google translator.

I have the same problem.
I work with the VoiceMeeter Banana and would like to put VoiceAttack on an extra track. Actually no problem because I have an audio router (https://github.com/audiorouterdev/audio-router) and could easily switch there.

Doing this for VoiceAttack crashes it as soon as you try to use it.

Unfortunately I can not use a beta version because I got it via Steam and I know nothing about the nirCMD named pben and I do not really want to use it.

My idea is that it runs on an extra channel to play it back directly in the TS3. If I were to do this the way it is set now, all the sounds, just from the game in the TS would run. Not good...

Greeting TutMeistensNix

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 02:27:24 PM »
Unfortunately I can not use a beta version because I got it via Steam

The beta is also available for the Steam version, but you'll need to copy and overwrite the files manually(there is no installer, as that's normally handled by Steam).

It's available in the beta topic, or directly via this link.

Whether it'll work with your configuration I can't say, but it's worth trying.

TutMeistensNix

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 08:42:54 PM »
Thanks for your quick reply and the link.

I have exchanged all files but unfortunately it still crashes directly as soon as you try to change the output channel with "Audio Router".

Which is a great pity.

You can change in VoiceAttack directly the path for the output but unfortunately he changes all the windows, which is also there. Question is why, why not just change the program itself?

OK, maybe this will happen someday and it's still a great program.
Thanks a lot for this!

greetings