Author Topic: One command, multiple unwanted outputs  (Read 2383 times)

ifurin

One command, multiple unwanted outputs
« on: April 15, 2018, 11:21:30 AM »
In my game I have an infestation ability that I have set to activate with the voice command "infest." I have this set to press alt+3. When I jump in my game and I say "infest" both alt+3 and just 3 is pressed, activating a second unwanted ability. How do I stop this? This never happened before the latest update.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: One command, multiple unwanted outputs
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 11:44:54 AM »
Which game? Which version of Windows?

How do you have the command set up?

Is it literally
Code: [Select]
Press Left Alt+3 keys and hold for 0,02 seconds and release
?

ifurin

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 01:39:38 PM »
The game is Stat Trek Online, and I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. And yes the command is:
When I Say: Infest
Press Left Alt+3 and hold for .2 seconds and release

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 01:48:31 PM »
It's possible that it's occurring too fast like that for STO.  What's happening behind the scenes is that Alt + 3 is pressed down, then the pause, then release 3 and then alt (there is no pause between alt and 3).  This works ok for most things, but STO may have a different way of polling.

Try this:

Press down Alt
Pause .05
Press down 3
Pause .05
Release 3
Pause .05   <--- may not be necessary
Release Alt

Did STO have an update?  VA hasn't had an update in that area of code for a really long time.

Hope that helps!

ifurin

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 03:22:33 PM »
Yes STO did update a little bit ago so the issue could be on their end. But your solution did work, I need to see how little delay I can use and still make it workable. The reason I use Voice Attack is because I'm a tetrapalegic and I don't have full hand function so voice control helps. Adding delay to controls can sometimes spell doom in a game.