Author Topic: Skyrim VR - PC  (Read 6334 times)

Conor Knoxx

Skyrim VR - PC
« on: April 04, 2018, 04:21:08 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has figured out the keybinds for Skyrim VR (PC)?  There doesn't seem to be any "controller" settings or options in the game, and keystrokes (that worked in flat-screen Skyrim) don't do anything. I was looking forward to setting up voice attack in Skyrim VR and have gotten stumped on setting it up right off the bat!

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
Re: Skyrim VR - PC
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 10:00:41 PM »
Would love to see an answer to this one

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 12:16:26 PM »
With Fallout 4 VR, you could bind console commands to keyboard keys, because Fallout 4 had this feature built in(left over) from the development process; This allowed triggering of many actions despite the mission keyboard functionality.

Skyrim(SE included) does not have such a feature, and despite the engine upgrades for Skyrim VR, it was not ported over either(I've tried setting it up in the config, but got no response to the keys).

There are hotkey binding mods for Skyrim(SE), however they depend on Script Extender, which will not be ported to the VR version according to its developers(this is the case for FO4 VR as well).

Additionally, Skyrim(SE) also lacks the "CGF" console command, which made it easy in FO4(VR) to run simple utility scripts(toggling the pipboy radio for example, as available with FO4 hotkeys).

Skyrim VR does respond to most normal keyboard binds from the regular game; Left and right mouse button attack with right or left hands, WASD moves the character, space jumps, J opens the journal, etc...
One thing you could have VoiceAttack do is press/hold the "Z" key for shouts, if you want to try "FUS-RO-DAH" irl ;)

Just make sure the Skyrim VR window has focus, otherwise it won't detect the input.

I'd experiment more, but Skyrim VR is unplayable on my machine right now; Apparently I'm not the only one, but when any sort of menu is open(including the map), the CPU usage jumps to 100% and my entire computer freezes up every few seconds.
This also prevents any type of interpolation(ASW) working so I get stuck with a static image in the HMD, which makes me nauseous.

Conor Knoxx

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 01:50:57 PM »
looks like I stand corrected!
The old keyboard commands do work after all.... I must have been in the "tutorial" part or something.
Anyhow, I'll now see how far I can take voice attack in useful Skyrim commands.

Conor Knoxx

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 12:40:10 PM »
since I started talking about this, figured I might as well follow up on it. Voice attack is actually working quite well. Dragon Shouts (letter Z) is cool (for now I say "fools do rot" - but I'll come up with something better lol ) and with menus like "favorites" - you can up-arrow to the top (eg - up 5 or 6 times) and it won't loop back to the bottom, so as long as you aren't changing the number position of a favorite spell / item, you can then down-arrow do the desired slot, select it, have voice attack hit escape, and you're loaded! It would be nicer if you didn't have to actually open the menu to do/see it happen, and maybe there's a shortcut for it... but at least it works. I'm finding it good for running and crouching toggles too.